CBR or Dolphin - $400 difference

Tattylou

DIS Veteran
Hello-
I am currently booked at CBR fifth sleeper room for Presidents week Feb 2023. It would be 400 more to stay at the Dolphin. Is the Dolphin worth the extra? We’ve stayed at CBR before and like it bc of the skyliner- we liked not needing a bus for two parks. We use Disney transportation and will not have a car. Open to thoughts, ideas, etc….
Thank you

Hello-
I am currently booked at CBR fifth sleeper room for Presidents week Feb 2023. It would be 400 more to stay at the Dolphin. Is the Dolphin worth the extra? We’ve stayed at CBR before and like it bc of the skyliner- we liked not needing a bus for two parks. We use Disney transportation and will not have a car. Open to thoughts, ideas, etc….
Thank you

Remember, you can use the sky liner at the swan and dolphin. You just have to walk a bit further. With that said staying at the Dolphin you don't even need the sky liner as you can walk to Hollywood studios and Epcot. Do you like the Boardwalk area amenities? That's what it boils down to honestly. I would rather save the $400 and use it towards park hoppers & Genie plus (if you don't already have those).

Hello-
Thank you
You will have access to extended evening hours at Epcot and the MK if you stay at the Dolphin because it is considered a deluxe. You would not at CBR if things remain the same for February 2023! I would choose the Dolphin if your stay would include the nights of the EMH, February is a busy time at WDW!

I love the Dolphin and Swan. So nice to be able to walk to two parks (Epcot and DHS) and stroll the Boardwalk as well. We had a great experience at the Dolphin in 2019 and I'd go back in a heartbeat. And you're considered a deluxe guest for extended hours. If you need the money tho....CBR is great.

As others have said, it depends on how many sleeping surfaces you need, is the $400 more going to hurt. Frankly, I stay and Swan/Dolphin 80% of the time but only if I can get them equal to or less than a moderate. I don't need the Disney theming and spend most of my time at Epcot and HS. Being able to walk to both parks is great for me.

Personally, I'd go Dolphin but only because I'm very anti-sky liner. The one time I used it, going from HS to Epcot it actually took me 15 min. longer than it would have had I walked it or even taken the boat. You would cut out the transfer time being at CB since that is the transfer hub but there is still the fact that there may or may not be a long line, it may or may not rain or storm, which will shut it down.

I can't answer your question given only you know if $400 is worth it to you. But my preference is always Dolphin/Swan over most of the mods simply because I like EEH for deluxe guests and I like walking/boats to DHS/Epcot and proximity to the epcot area resorts/boardwalk. CBR is not my cup of tea for accommodations and the buses.

Hello-
Thank you
Do you have 5 ppl. going? If so, are you also calculating the cot fee at the Dolphin? Just wanted to make sure you knew. I'd stay at whichever you prefer. I don't feel access to Epcot/Dhs is much different unless the skyliner goes down.

We have four people going - two adults and two kids (12 and 14). We like CBR and we like the skyliner. I didn’t think of the double beds at Dolphin. My 12 year old slept on the fifth sleeper this year at CBR and it worked well and the other two beds are queens, which is nice. Someone also told me Dolphin MK bus lets you off at TTC. I’m leaning towards just keeping my reservation at CBR. All in all I think I’ll put the 400 towards genie plus and the lightening lanes. Thanks everyone -

I stayed at the Swan once and wouldn't return. I could have been in any hotel in the world rather than Disney, but I appreciate that's not so important to some. I once stayed at BCV and being able to walk to 2 parks was amazing, especially having easy access to the world showcase in the evenings. Add in the skyliner and it makes Boardwalk resorts even more attractive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter