CBR or a Bonnet Creek resort?

jenluvs2go2disney

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to get some opinions. I am second guessing our resort. We are booked to stay at the Carribbean beach in May. It is a shorter trip. We are going for star wars weekend and Legoland. We stayed here in Sept. and thought it was ok. The resort doesn't seem to be kept up well. The grounds weren't very clean. There were beer bottles left for days and we had to switch rooms the first night because our toilet was leaking. This was not fun with 2 kids and moving all our luggage over 2 buildings, down and up stairs. It took forever to get a new room. My kids (4 and 7) loved the pirate splash pool area at the CBR. This was the selling point, since no other moderate has this. This will be the last time that both kids will be under 48 inches and it was nice to sit and just watch them play.

We don't love the food at the CBR and didn't get a meal plan this trip. We will have a car. I have been reading all of the Bonnet Creek reviews for the Wyndham and Hilton. We usually stay onsite (Pop, ASMu,CBR, and CSR). We are returning to Disney in the fall and will be staying at the POLY.

Should I just go with the CBR or are the Bonnet Creek resorts that much nicer?

I just wanted to get some opinions. I am second guessing our resort. We are booked to stay at the Carribbean beach in May. It is a shorter trip. We are going for star wars weekend and Legoland. We stayed here in Sept. and thought it was ok. The resort doesn't seem to be kept up well. The grounds weren't very clean. There were beer bottles left for days and we had to switch rooms the first night because our toilet was leaking. This was not fun with 2 kids and moving all our luggage over 2 buildings, down and up stairs. It took forever to get a new room. My kids (4 and 7) loved the pirate splash pool area at the CBR. This was the selling point, since no other moderate has this. This will be the last time that both kids will be under 48 inches and it was nice to sit and just watch them play.

We don't love the food at the CBR and didn't get a meal plan this trip. We will have a car. I have been reading all of the Bonnet Creek reviews for the Wyndham and Hilton. We usually stay onsite (Pop, ASMu,CBR, and CSR). We are returning to Disney in the fall and will be staying at the POLY.

Should I just go with the CBR or are the Bonnet Creek resorts that much nicer?

Staying onsite is a "beautiful thing"...We have stayed at CBR and really enjoyed the pools. If not for the fact that we are a family of 6 we would stay onsite all the time. WBC is awesome considering it is offsite, and right next door to CBR, it's more of a deluxe feel...and we love the space a villa provides for all of us. There are several pools, a lazy river, mini golf, and a pirate ship themed pool just to name a few of the anemities. If being immersed in Disney is important to you I would stay onsite, I do miss that sometimes.

Bonnet Creek is SO incredibly nice. You might never go back to CBR ever again. 850 square foot rooms with large balconies, beautiful views, a California king bed, washer/dryer, full size kitchen... for 85.50 a night and it is right next to CBR. You feel like absolute royalty at bonnet creek- their pools are awesome too. Plenty of hot tubs etc. The resort is downright spectacular, a similar room owned by disney would cost $700+ a night.

Bonnet Creek also has a huge pirate ship/pool area. We are booked at CSR right now, but may change to Bonnet Creek. We stayed at CBR last year. Our room was clean, but the beds were too small and rather uncomfortable.

Well...I stayed at Wyndham Bonnet Creek this past October and I really didn't care for it at all. The room was big (we were in a 2BR) and we were staying on my parents points there so we didn't get annoyed about going to any presentations or anything...it just wasn't for me. There was no magic there. I also didn't care for the transportation system. We had a car and drove every day but getting back to the hotel in the evening it was impossible to find a good parking space.

A lot of people love it though and it can be a good choice. I personally would prefer to stay ANYWHERE onsite over staying offsite because to me staying onsite really just fits perfectly with what I want in a Disney vacation. The feel of the resort, magical express, dining plans, sending packages back to the resort, charging to the room, Disney transportation...all these things are big for me.

Thanks for the opinions. I may just keep my reservation at CBR. We have a few dining reservations and can eat on the way back from Legoland, so we don't have to worry about the meals there. I just saw a few bad reviews lately, but did see a good review here today from another poster. There are so many good things said about Bonnet Creek.

We are mainly staying for the pirate splash area and my oldest will be just under 48', so this will be the last time that he can play there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter