CBR loving family thinking of venturing to a new destination WL or POR or POFQ ???

vacation_junkie

Have Suitcase...will Travel :)
We absolutely LOVE CBR …but we also like to try new places. I am tossed up between Wilderness Lodge…or…POR….Or… POFQ
Our son (12) found the pool & Waterslide area at CBR just fantastic. I loved the atmosphere around the resort. I am thinking he may like the idea of being able to fish at POR as well...

We have a rental car so distance or bus issues aren’t a problem.

Thoughts both positive and negative on these places would be super fantastic! :thumbsup2

Thanks so much!

My family also loves CBR. One year we stayed at POR, and we just didn't like it as well as CBR. We kept comparing it to CBR. But the boat ride to Downtown Disney was awesome when we stayed at POR. We liked both food courts between the two resorts. My daughters much preferred the main pool and quiet pools at CBR. POR was nice but my daughters and I just like the atmosphere at CBR better. We haven't stayed at the other resorts but Wilderness Lodge looks really nice. If we would ever change again, I would like to stay at the Poly but it is just to pricey for my family. Have a great trip, and good luck with your decision.

My family also loves CBR. One year we stayed at POR, and we just didn't like it as well as CBR. We kept comparing it to CBR. But the boat ride to Downtown Disney was awesome when we stayed at POR. We liked both food courts between the two resorts. My daughters much preferred the main pool and quiet pools at CBR. POR was nice but my daughters and I just like the atmosphere at CBR better. We haven't stayed at the other resorts but Wilderness Lodge looks really nice. If we would ever change again, I would like to stay at the Poly but it is just to pricey for my family. Have a great trip, and good luck with your decision.

Thanks..thats my worry too!

I am an "Island" person..so I just love the feel of the resort. Nothing beats arriving back at the gates and being greeted with "Welcome back to the Islands".

The boat ride from WL to MK would be great as well as the Ride from POR to DTD...but would the atmpsohere at CBR beat both them out?

Oh desicions....decisions.. :confused3

If you pick another resort and you will be constantly comparing it to CBR, then you probably wouldn't even be happy with a Poly room.

If you pick another resort and look at it as a totally new and different vacation spot to explore and enjoy, then you probably will enjoy yourself. JMO.

Since your son seemed to really enjoy the pool/play areas of CBR so much, my bet is that he would love the main pool area at POR. POFQs pool is nice, but IMO is more suited to younger children.

It's a coin toss as to which boat would be more useful for you- the one to DTD or the one to MK.

Dining might be another important issue to look at. POFQ just has CS dining. POR has both dining and CS. WL has (IMO) very limited CS, but has both TS and signature restaurants.

For us it would come down to which resort just appealed to us the most. Go with your gut instinct.

I totally get where you are coming from we have stated at CBR 4x because we just love it and we're afraid to try something new. Last yr we had two trips and decided to rent points so in Feb we stayed at AKL and Nov stayed at BWV and enjoyed both of them. We are going back this Sept and now thinking should we go back to CBR, our now 5 yr old DD loves the kiddie pool area and we now have DS ( will be 22 months) next trip and wanting him to get to enjoy the pool! Such hard decisions, lol
We are between CBR & AOA little mermaid rooms.
I say try something new, you can always go back to CBR!!

I totally get where you are coming from we have stated at CBR 4x because we just love it and we're afraid to try something new. Last yr we had two trips and decided to rent points so in Feb we stayed at AKL and Nov stayed at BWV and enjoyed both of them. We are going back this Sept and now thinking should we go back to CBR, our now 5 yr old DD loves the kiddie pool area and we now have DS ( will be 22 months) next trip and wanting him to get to enjoy the pool! Such hard decisions, lol
We are between CBR & AOA little mermaid rooms.
I say try something new, you can always go back to CBR!!

Our son actually suggested trying POP...I suggested AoA (w/free dining) because its new but after we'd pay the dining upgrade from QS to TS plan the cost of a standard room package would be just about the same as a moderate resort.

I was leaning towards POR as there is the option to fish there...he's really into fishing right now and he would get a kick out of it.

The Wilderness lodge is beautiful. But realistically a standard room looks just about the same at either of the places. So i'd be playing for the ambience of WL.

We wouldn't eat at either Whispering Canyon (always bad service everytime we've eaten there.) or the TS restaurant at POR. But we would be eating in DTd on a couple nights. So the boat ride would be nice instead of searching for a parking spot down there!

I have a bit to choose...:confused3

Ok, I'm going to weigh in here. We are huge fans of CBR, we've stayed many times, but we have tried POFQ and POR. We liked POFQ but it was in the winter, and it rained almost every day and it was cold. The kids couldn't swim in the pool and quite frankly we have had a bad impression of it ever since. Then a year ago, we tried POR and we loved the resort, but our room wasn't close to the main building or pool like we had hoped it would. We also did NOT like the pool at the POR. It was always dirty in the water and it just didn't look as well kept as CBRs pool. So, this year we were wanting to try something new, and we decided to give POFQ another try, in the summer to see if it was better. Everyone in the family is excited to give it another try, we like being close to DTD and the resort is so quaint and charming, so we are hoping for a great time! We never found ourselves comparing it to CBR, but we did find things we didn't like vs. what we did like. We really try to keep an open mind, but I do have to say after staying at POR, my kids said that they really don't want to stay there again, its just not their cup of tea! So we can check that one off our list.

I would definately try POR. I have stayed at all the moderate resorts and I love all of them. They each have their own "personalities". Plus I think it's almost like having a different vacation with each resort you visit.

I don't think your son would be happy with the slide at the pool at POFQ. It sounds like the pool area was important to him.

Our favorite is CBR too. Love the tropical feel and the pool. Always thinking i should a new moderate but some things keep me from them. The zero entry pool and pirate area at the pool can't be beat. We've stayed at CR and AKL and they were really nice but when we walk in the doors at CBR we feel home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter