CBR gets bad reviews??

Lauren1211

Earning My Ears
We have reservations for the first time staying CBR in October. They say transportation is awful there.... Hoping it doesn't take forever. Anyone experience this?

I have stayed here 2x and the buses are about the same as the other moderate resorts. I know at night(Wishes/fantasmic shows) my friends and I take a taxi back to our room to save ourselves the wait for all the people trying to get back to their room. When you are tired it is so worth it!

I have stayed here 2x and the buses are about the same as the other moderate resorts. I know at night(Wishes/fantasmic shows) my friends and I take a taxi back to our room to save ourselves the wait for all the people trying to get back to their room. When you are tired it is so worth it!

That is a great idea! Where do you catch the taxi from Wishes, the Contemporary?
And how about from Fantasmic, are there taxis outside the park?
Thanks!

We were there in March and enjoyed it. It's peaceful and a pretty resort. We were in Jamaica which was the first pickup for Epcot the afternoon we went, we did ride around the entire resort but I timed it and it took 10 min, which wasn't bad. Second day we were going to MK after breakfast we caught the bus at the Food Court stop, wouldn't you know it was the first stop for that park so again we rode all the way around and again it didn't take longer than 10 min. I've read they don't do all four stops but only do two stops but the few times we took the bus it did all four (we were only there two nights of a split stay). Jamaica was the first stop coming back from both resorts. We left Epcot during Illuminations and had only about a 10 min wait for the bus and not much of a line. We left MK about 4 or 5 in the afternoon to spent the rest of afternoon at the pool and only waited about 5 min. for the bus and there were only us and another person in line.

We were there in March and enjoyed it. It's peaceful and a pretty resort. We were in Jamaica which was the first pickup for Epcot the afternoon we went, we did ride around the entire resort but I timed it and it took 10 min, which wasn't bad. Second day we were going to MK after breakfast we caught the bus at the Food Court stop, wouldn't you know it was the first stop for that park so again we rode all the way around and again it didn't take longer than 10 min. I've read they don't do all four stops but only do two stops but the few times we took the bus it did all four (we were only there two nights of a split stay). Jamaica was the first stop coming back from both resorts. We left Epcot during Illuminations and had only about a 10 min wait for the bus and not much of a line. We left MK about 4 or 5 in the afternoon to spent the rest of afternoon at the pool and only waited about 5 min. for the bus and there were only us and another person in line.

(Bolding mine)-There are 8 stops total at CBR, so your buses did half of them.

Late afternoon seemed to be the longest wait; other than that the waits weren't bad. Our group stayed there while participating in the International Youth Soccer Tournament so our park times varied and there wasn't much of a problem. Some guest tend to label the service "awful" because of the numerous bus stops. I'll admit, being the last stop after a LONG day at the park is a little irritating but that's the "way it is". Take or leave...or get a cab. :rotfl: On a scale of 1-10, I'd give it a 7. :tink:

We were there in March and didn't like it. The bus stops were so crowded we just went ahead and drove everywhere. The food court was also a mad house and the layout of the resort is confusing. We much prefer CSR. It's much more relaxing, and our experience with the buses was great.

We have reservations for the first time staying CBR in October. They say transportation is awful there.... Hoping it doesn't take forever. Anyone experience this?

We have a total of over 50 nights at CBR and can honestly say that in our experience the bus service is NOT any better or worse than any other Moderate or any other WDW resort. We have had multiple stays at POR, POFQ, BC, BWI, all 3 All Stars and WL. Yes there can be issues at times, but it's not like CBR has more than any other resort.

(Bolding mine)-There are 8 stops total at CBR, so your buses did half of them.

Actually there are 7 stops. The 6 Villages and Old Port Royale. Last December they started sending 2 buses for each park during the morning rush. One bus picks up at 4 stops and the other bus picks up the other 3.

Stayed multiple times at CBR (actually only resort we have ever stayed at) and had no problem with the buses. Yes, there are 7 stops but you never waited more than 20 minutes for a bus (afternoons). In the morning they send extra buses so always easy to catch one within 5 minutes of arriving at the bus stop.

We stayed at CBR for the first time ever at the end of November/beginning of December. It was our first non-deluxe stay and I had heard horrors about the bus service. To us the bus service was no different than deluxe bus service. When we stayed at BC/YC we often had stops at BWI and Swan/Dolphin. When we stayed at the GF or Poly we also stopped at CR or WL

We actually fell in love with CBR. Very relaxing. We tried POR once at hated it so we never expected to like CBR so much!

I found the bus service to be better than at some of the Deluxe resorts. The bus does make stops internally on it route, which takes time, but if you stay at teh Epcot resorts the bus wll sometimes stop at every one.

We take a taxi when we want to get right back to the resort at night.

Yeah, I am not a fan of CBR. I hated having to go thru 7 bus stops at the resort. And I hated the long walk from my standard room to the food court and themed pool. I would only stay at CBR again if I booked a preferred room.

Transportation varies so much. Your experience relies on luck more than anything else. We never had any problems with the bus when we stayed at CBR in 2011. People always complain about the size of CBR, but all of the moderates are large except POFQ.

We were there in April and I loved it. I didn't seem to find a big issue overall with the transportation during our stay with one exception...on our first night we waited around 25 minutes for a bus to Disney Springs. Not a huge deal to me honestly. Otherwise I would say we waited a fair amount of time. All of the stops didn't really bother me much as we tried to work that into when we would be out the door in the morning. We had a room in the village of Martinique and we requested a room with the shortest walk to the bus, which for me is most important. I would rather have a 5 or 6 minute walk to Old Port Royale than a 5-6 min walk to the bus at the end of the day. Just my preference. I too was worried about previous negative reviews but for me I loved the atmosphere there.

The taxis are at each park And at each resort( just ask concierge Or Bell services) it cost us under $20 from resort/park each time we did it/family. Well worth the Ease after long/hot/tiring days
Enjoy!

I've stayed there several times and the wait for buses was never bad. SSR on the other hand :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter