cat3 concierge question

nikkyluvsmickey

DIS Veteran
We just got back from our wonderful cruise september 8th and already rebooked another suite for next august. Well my question is will we have the same concierge team as last cruise(hopefully not). We were in 8032 and this time we have 8548. Do they serve all the suites or just a few? thanks

There are usually only two people acting as concierge for the whole ship...which is why all the suites are on one deck. That way, those two people don't have to run all over the ship making their deliveries.

But in all of our cruises, we've never had the same two people. I don't know exactly how their contracts run, but chances are really high that you won't have the same team a year later.

It doesn't sound like you had a great experience with them. I have to say that we've had a couple of teams who were fantastic, and most who weren't.
It's generally advised NOT to book a suite simply for the concierge service, because it varies as to the amount of "service" you'll get. And a lot of people confuse "concierge" with butler. Some cruise ships, the suites also come with butlers.
We only book the suites because we enjoy the extra beds (and bathrooms) for the whole family...and the larger verandah. We don't use the services of the concierge very often, since we pre-book our Palo and excursions in advance, so to us, the concierge is not a deal maker.

We just requested simple things from they and they couldn't deliver on any. Our room steward actually handled 2 of my requests for me. he was great

Yikes! I didn't know this! We returned from our cruise 3 weeks ago and were so impressed with the suite and the concierge team that we upgraded to a Cat 3 for our Mexican Riviera cruise next August... :confused:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!