• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cat 9 or 6

jediobiwan

DIS Veteran
So I wanted to get people's opinions an whether or not it is worth the upgrade (and $440 dollars) to go from a Cat 9 to a 6 for the verandah? I would love to, but is it worth it for such a short cruise? The room is otherwise identical, correct? What about the cat 7's? I couldn't find any pictures of the navigator's verandah in a really cursory search, so I can't really compare/wondering what others experience is with this.

Thanks again!

So I wanted to get people's opinions an whether or not it is worth the upgrade (and $440 dollars) to go from a Cat 9 to a 6 for the verandah? I would love to, but is it worth it for such a short cruise? The room is otherwise identical, correct? What about the cat 7's? I couldn't find any pictures of the navigator's verandah in a really cursory search, so I can't really compare/wondering what others experience is with this.

Thanks again!

Loved our verandah on PCC1.0, and it is a must if you are a smoker. :) (yes, smoking is allowed on the verandah)
Opening the door and having the fresh air come in is wonderful.
Of course, December may be a bit different weather wise than May for that.
$440 is quite a jump, but to us, it was that much more "comfortable".
The Navigators verandah is more like a verandah with a large porthole rather than a railing.

Thanks again!

I would say no, but not because the verandah isn't great. With the category 7 your room will be in guarantee. It is possible too with the category 6 (last time I checked there were only two rooms that could be assigned). With the category 9 you'll be able to request a room more midship.

Additionally, I base getting a verandah on what is happening on the cruise. If you have a lot planned (like the Mediterranean cruise or a Podcast cruise), there won't be as much time to be out on the verandah so I save my money and get a category 9.

I opted for a Category 9 as well for this cruise. It's just as comfortable and still has a view of the ocean.

PCC 1.0 was our first cruise and to be safe, we opted for a cat 9 mid ship. We loved it! The wife can get motion sickness so we went for safe on our first cruise. No problems.

For 2.0 we are doing Cat 6 and a verandah. Not because we did not like the cat 9. We just, or I, need to experience a verandah to see what all the hooplah is about. :)

I think you'll be pleased with a cat 9.

We are in a CAT 6 gty. I'm not sure if I like that or not. I don't want the solid while verandah. But my DH has always wanted a balcony. I have sailed with one once before a CAT 7 in December which was fine since it was windy, I prefer to choose a room but this time I will take a chance. I am thinking about doing the 3 night before the podcast cruise in a CAT 11. As long as I am on the ship I'm fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter