Cat 9 #2118 or Cat 10#5024

debster

Mouseketeer
WHich would you book?

The Cat. 10 will save us about $200 but don't know about the obstructed view (is it bad) and I read about a light outside alll night. However, I like the thought of being on Deck 5 as opposed to Deck 2.

The Cat. 9 is on Dave's list of noisy staterooms.

Any opinions????

I've stayed in neither, however, everyone raves about the secret porthole rooms (SPR). The curtains are blackout style, so if you close them, even if there's a light outside, it shouldn't be a problem...bring a close pin to make sure they stay closed and you should be good to go. There's a website that has pics of the SPRs so can see for yourself what the views look like. If you PM me I'll give you the link.

Lisa

The SPH are great rooms!!! We were booked in 5024 & that one has the "worst" obstructed view. When I looked in the doorway from the hall I could see blue water!!! :) If we get the chance to book one of those again we would jump on it. :)

We stayed in 2114 last Dec. and loved it. I would take the SPH stateroom for the savings....that alone makes it worth it.

That said, we loved the location,size and great big porthole of our stateroom. If I had known about the SPH at the time of booking, I would have tied to book them. I'm a sucker for savings.....I'd spend the extra $ on pictures and excursions.

If you have kids and will be utilizing the clubs, take the SPH, it's down the hall from the clubs.

lbgraves said:
The SPH are great rooms!!! We were booked in 5020 & that one has the "worst" obstructed view. When I looked in the doorway from the hall I could see blue water!!! :) If we get the chance to book one of those again we would jump on it. :)
We just returned from the Western and had 5020. 5020 & 5520 are actually the least obstructed of the SPH rooms (just a railing blocking the view).

We loved the room and the location...deck 5 is so convenient to everything.

Sorry, I meant that we were booked in 5024 with the two canisters in the window...first door from the hallway. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter