Cat 1 question!

discruiselovers97

Mouseketeer
We are traveling next year with my family and our cousins family and wondering if we all could fit in this room. We Will be having 9 people- 4 adults, 2 15 yr olds, 2 11 year olds, 1 10 year old, and 1 7 yr. old. Also would you say get this or 3 rooms? We just would rather not get 3 rooms because it would sorta be a waste if we only had 2 people in a veranda room. Just give my your input.

discruiselovers97 said:
We are traveling next year with my family and our cousins family and wondering if we all could fit in this room. We Will be having 9 people- 4 adults, 2 15 yr olds, 2 11 year olds, 1 10 year old, and 1 7 yr. old. Also would you say get this or 3 rooms? We just would rather not get 3 rooms because it would sorta be a waste if we only had 2 people in a veranda room. Just give my your input.

Cat 1 & 2's hold 7 each. A Cat 3 holds 5.

On a plus note for you....DD6 and myself just returned from the Wonder 2 weeks ago. We had a verandah room - just the two of us and I would never for a minute consider it a "waste."

:woohoo: :woohoo:

Enjoy your cruise no matter the room you decide!

:wave: Kelly

Actually the Cat. 1's will hold 8 people, but that's still too small for your group. You said 9 people, but when I count up the breakdown you gave... I get 10.

Stehpt5 said:
4 adults, 2 15 yr olds, 2 11 year olds, 1 10 year old, and 1 7 yr.

4+2+2+1+1 = 10, right? :)

Anyway, the Cat. 1's are still too small for all of you. But if your budget allows, I would suggest trying to get either of the Cat. 1's along with the adjoining Cat. 3 room! They are not CONNECTING, but they are adjoining.
IMHO, that would be a fabulous way for a group of 9 (10?) to cruise!

:cool1: :cool1:

Even if you could fit the number of people who want to go into a cat 1 cabin, you would not get one for a year from now. I have already contacted DCL and asked to be placed on its waiting list for a cat 1 cabin. I MIGHT get one in about 2 years from now.

Beano
were you allowed to have 8 in a cat 1. We had ben told 7 was the max even though it certainly could sleep more.

I believe that there are some Cat 3's that connect with Cat 4's. Both of them can sleep 5, so that might be another idea for you to consider, especially since it's so hard to get a Cat 1.

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

BethA said:
were you allowed to have 8 in a cat 1. We had been told 7 was the max even though it certainly could sleep more.

We didn't have 8, we only had 4... but there's no question that they CAN sleep 8.

The second bedroom has 2 beds plus 2 upper berths, for a total of 4. The master bedroom has a queen, so that's 6. The pull-down outside the master bedroom can sleep 2, so that's 8. I suppose they could have changed their policy and now only ALLOW 7, but the suites will sleep 8, that's for sure. (9 really, if you count the couch!) :rotfl:

Yes, we were in 8020 last year, and the cat 3 next door to us #8022 connected with another category 4, #8024. Was in a great location on the ship, no noise, between 2 sets of elevators, and had a beautiful, huge balcony.

Ohhhhh, wouldn't it be great to have the two connecting mid-ship Cat 3's? 8032/8034 or 8532/8534 SWEET! :thumbsup2

BeanoC said:
We didn't have 8, we only had 4... but there's no question that they CAN sleep 8.

The second bedroom has 2 beds plus 2 upper berths, for a total of 4. The master bedroom has a queen, so that's 6. The pull-down outside the master bedroom can sleep 2, so that's 8. I suppose they could have changed their policy and now only ALLOW 7, but the suites will sleep 8, that's for sure. (9 really, if you count the couch!) :rotfl:

They only allow 7.

Stepht5 said:
They only allow 7.

Gotcha. I don't think they should do that, but I don't make the rules! :)

In that case, I definitely agree with 'ibouncetoo' that getting 8532 and 8534 (connecting cat. 3's) would be the best way to go. Those are, in my opinion, the nicest cat. 3 suites on the ship (along with 8032/8034). Might be hard to get, but that would be an awesome setup for a group of 8!

We did the midships connecting CAT 3 cabins on a cruise where we had 7 people and had spare space. The downside is that 4 of the "sleeping spots" are on foldout couches - this was ok for the kids but none of the adults wanted to be the one on a foldout couch.

The other thing about the Cat 3 and up cabins is that, unlike in the other cabins, the queen size bed in the bedroom can not be split into two twin beds. We had planned an aunt and a DS to sleep that way, but ended up having to rethink our plans when we found that out.

The big concern is the wait for any of the Cat 1, 2 or 3 cabins - so many people want them they are usually grabbed really early.

Good luck!

What about getting 2 verandahs for the adults and smaller kids, and one inside cabin for the 11 and 15 year olds?

For the Med cruise we are taking next year, 8 of us are going. We have reserved 2 connecting verandah cabins on deck 6 with an inside cabin directly across the hall. I pointed out to my DW that we had to cut down on cabin costs to cover the much higher airfares to Europe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter