Castaway club

Freesia123

DIS Veteran
Does everyone I. The. Room who is disney cruising for the second time get a backpack, or is it one per stateroom?

I've seen more than one gift given if the addresses of the guests are different. It is also not currently a backpack but a tote bag.

Does everyone I. The. Room who is disney cruising for the second time get a backpack, or is it one per stateroom?

Castaway Club returning cruisers gift is one per stateroom, based on highest level in the room.

And it's no longer the backpack, they are giving a beach bag sort of tote (different colors based on CC level):
Silver
aka938.jpg

Gold
1gkt40.jpg

Platinum
qsuwev.jpg

I wish they still had the backpacks :sad1:

I've seen more than one gift given if the addresses of the guests are different. It is also not currently a backpack but a tote bag.
this wasn't true for me when cruising with my aunt. The two of us shared the room. But received 1 backpack and the extra gold gift, which I think was a stationary set. She let me keep the gifts since it was her 9th and my 3rd DCL cruise.

Castaway Club returning cruisers gift is one per stateroom, based on highest level in the room. And it's no longer the backpack, they are giving a beach bag sort of tote (different colors based on CC level): Silver Gold Platinum I wish they still had the backpacks :sad1:

I LOVE our DCL backpack and I haven't been impressed with what people are saying about the tote (falling apart even of getting replacements).

The tote bags look really nice. But I hate that they are not durable or lasting. The backpacks have served us well.

Are you serious? They are that cheap that they don't give one for each returning customer?!?!? Sorry, I'm shocked!

I LOVE our DCL backpack and I haven't been impressed with what people are saying about the tote (falling apart even of getting replacements).

Subsequent batches of tote bags have come with more reinforcement and seem more durable. We were on one of the first cruises to offer them and saw people at guest services the entire time with failed totes.

Our two DCL cruises since then I've only seen one person with a broken bag.

Are you serious? They are that cheap that they don't give one for each returning customer?!?!? Sorry, I'm shocked!

In reality, they don't HAVE to give us anything for being returning cruisers. I'm happy with what I get. The gift is per room as it's generally something that the whole group can use. A large bag for carrying beach supplies in it, for examples.

Yep, serious but I don't think it is cheap. There are many thousands of return cruisers each cruise/week which would mean an increase in cruise fare if Disney was to give one to every returning CC member. I would rather they provide one bag per room than raise prices.

It has always been one per stateroom even if the people are not related and live at different addresses. We had 3 friends traveling together, all Platinum members and only received one bag. We drew straws to see who would take it home!!

MJ

In reality, they don't HAVE to give us anything for being returning cruisers. I'm happy with what I get. The gift is per room as it's generally something that the whole group can use. A large bag for carrying beach supplies in it, for examples.

:thumbsup2 I agree - they don't have to give us anything. I don't understand why everyone would need one - it would just be a waste.

I like the new bag - but think the backpack is more versatile and durable. I just bring my backpack along with me to use again.

Yes, you are right, they don't HAVE to give us something.

But, we don't HAVE to be returning cruisers.

It is balance of perceived value and a gift generally adds more value than it's cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter