Castaway Club Gift on Med Sailings

DisneyHelen

Mouseketeer
Just home from the June 8th Med Sailing. We were looking forward to the "newer" castaway club gift: Blue backpack, chip n dale pretzels, goldfish crackers, key ring. But instead received the old gift - the bag with 2 water bottles, which was the exact same as our gift from 2011. Did anyone else receive the old gift? My theory is that they are trying to get rid of old stock this summer on the med cruises.. :confused3

I did. I heard they ran out of the blue, which they were giving on the EBTA.

I personally like the red, so you can feel free to mail me yours :rotfl: The blue backpack I got last year was defective and gave me a bad cut so I haven't used it since.

Just home from the June 8th Med Sailing. We were looking forward to the "newer" castaway club gift: Blue backpack, chip n dale pretzels, goldfish crackers, key ring. But instead received the old gift - the bag with 2 water bottles, which was the exact same as our gift from 2011. Did anyone else receive the old gift? My theory is that they are trying to get rid of old stock this summer on the med cruises.. :confused3

On the EBTA, they gave out the blue backpack stuff. But switched on the first Med cruise to the old CC gifts. I'm thinking that someone found a "stash" in Barcelona when they were setting up for this year and they decided to use it up on the Med cruises this year. All the other ships are still doing the "new" gifts.

I personally like the red, so you can feel free to mail me yours :rotfl: The blue backpack I got last year was defective and gave me a bad cut so I haven't used it since.

I agree. I like the red bag much better than the backpack, so we were excited to see it on the bed. We're not a fan of the backpack.

I agree. I like the red bag much better than the backpack, so we were excited to see it on the bed. We're not a fan of the backpack.

Yay! You're like the only person that agrees w/me! We have a red & black Maclaren stroller so I use it as my stroller bag. It has nets so we stick Purell and other randoms in it for Disney trips.

Also, since it's unisex my DH doesn't mind carrying it as a "diaper bag."

Long-winded way to say that I like the red more than the blue.

Yay! You're like the only person that agrees w/me! We have a red & black Maclaren stroller so I use it as my stroller bag. It has nets so we stick Purell and other randoms in it for Disney trips.

Also, since it's unisex my DH doesn't mind carrying it as a "diaper bag."

Long-winded way to say that I like the red more than the blue.

We like the red one as well. We have never used the blue backpack but we did carry the red one all over the the med.... :thumbsup2

We have so many red ones that I'd like a change....

Yes, it's a good problem to have ;)

We use our blue one for the gym. It works well. Guess we'll see next week what we end up with! Blue or red. Either way I'll be happy. :-)

I was happy to see the old red bag again :).Our blue one ripped after carrying it a few times and the keychain logo rubbed off after about a month. The red bag and "old" keychain are well made. I was surprised to see the older gifts and wondered why they were giving them out again.

Hi Everyone,

I was on the EBTA and got the new blue bag with all the other things, however I came back for the 2nd Med 7 night sailing and the older red/black bag was on the bed. It's not so good for doing the various ports so I asked my stateroom host and they changed it for the new one.:thumbsup2

I agree that DCL must have had a stash of old bags stored somewhere and they were simply clearing old stock.

I really do not want the old ones...I have so many and they are so useless and I never use them.

I find I use my backpacks a lot! I love them and was hoping for two more on this trip.

I certainly hope that I can request and get a blue one. I will be so sad if I get a red one and I have so many water bottles I leave them behind or give them away.

They really should switch around their gifts or do something different for multiple repeat cruisers. It is a waste of money for them if they are not appreciated or used...

They could also be doing it to cut down on the items for people who are traveling back home by plane. When I did the 2007 WBTA the CC gift was a passport wallet.

3342112836_6552d4898c_d.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!