Castaway Cay Parasailing w/ 11yr old?

swpc

Earning My Ears
I have told my 11yr old DD that she could go parasailing on Castaway Cay. However, I called Disney today and was told that she will have to be accompanied by a paying adult, and that adult would have to parasail tandem with her. I do not want to go, nor does my DH. Poor DD is in tears. Was I told the correct information? Could I just go on the boat with her, but not parasail? Thanks in advance!:confused:

I too had the same question last week and was told by DCL that an adult had to go up with the 11 yo. Luckily my 85 yo grandmother wants to go parasailing!

That's correct. I promised my 11 year old DD she could parasail if she got straight As (we'll know in 2 days--hope it's still available!) and I'd have to go with her.
Robin M.

I called and they said that an adult had to be on the boat and had to pay, but didn't have to fly. If you haven't booked chances aaare you won't get to go. It fill up fast. We couldn't get a ressie and not we are going to try while at the Cayman Islands!
Good luck...
Joan

We just returned from the 4 day Wonder and my 11 year old did parasail tandem with my DH--but of course DH wanted too. I thought that it was mentioned that they needed to weigh at least 90 pounds to fly solo--so possibly if you paid and rode in the boat, and your DD weighs enough, it will work out. We reserved as we walked onto Castaway...I hope it works out for you. MJ

We were on the May 17th Eastern. We have a 9yo DS and a 12yo DS (who is taller than me). Because of the wind conditions, my 12yo had to go tandum with my DH and my 9yo went with me. I will say that I thought my 12yo would be able to go along, but was made to go to save time... BUT it was still an awesome experience for them both.

I say go up with your DD... we were up in the air so fast, there was no time for my DSs to get scared. (DH and I have parasailed a couple of times before). Anyway, as soon as they hitched us up, we were in the air. My DS says "I guess it's too late to panic now, huh?" LOL!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter