Castaway Cay MUST DO's???

adisneytattoo91

Practically Perfect in Every Way
Going on my second cruise this May, and my DH and I decided it's going to be our adventure cruise. We got married on our first cruise in October, and everything was such a fuss that we didn't really get to fully "enjoy" the ship, and want to take the time to discover all the great things about the Dream, and our favorite Castaway Cay! :beach:

I enjoy Serenity Bay if you did not go. Nice and secluded beach for adults. And it has it's own eatling place. Not as hectic.

Also, enjoy the 5K route. It goes off the beaten track a little and leads you to a lookout tower. Just get's you some holding hands private time on a stroll through the greenery of the island.

Pleant of activies to book if you desire. I don't spend a dime there and have a very nice day.

I enjoy Serenity Bay if you did not go. Nice and secluded beach for adults. And it has it's own eatling place. Not as hectic.

Also, enjoy the 5K route. It goes off the beaten track a little and leads you to a lookout tower. Just get's you some holding hands private time on a stroll through the greenery of the island.

Pleant of activies to book if you desire. I don't spend a dime there and have a very nice day.

We did go onto Serenity Bay, but there weren't any scheduled activities or anything, the weather was so beautiful we literally swam for 4-5 hours in the water, ate, and swam once more just before boarding the ship again.:rotfl:

Go Parasailing if you have never done this before.....I was terrified and planning to bow out but I was need to tandem with my son because it was a little windy.....WOW...it was amazing .....I have never experience such peace and quiet....it was serene.

My DH and younger son did the jet skis and loved it....

I just want to veg ....my next time there. We missed stopping at CC in 2011 due to Hurricane Irene.....enjoy:cool1:

Must do's:

The 5K, it's so much fun and unique.

We love eating lunch at Serenity Bay, it's so relaxing and enjoyable.

Parasailing and the jet ski adventure, both are exciting and so much fun.

It's also kind of fun to head over to the observation tower and check out the nice view.

We did go onto Serenity Bay, but there weren't any scheduled activities or anything, the weather was so beautiful we literally swam for 4-5 hours in the water, ate, and swam once more just before boarding the ship again.

Sounds like a perfectly fine day at Castaway Cay to me! :goodvibes

I really enjoy kayaking on CC. The 5K was fun but very humid the last time I ran this race.

Sounds like a perfectly fine day at Castaway Cay to me! :goodvibes

I do have to agree! :)

Although if you're any sort of walker, jogger, or runner, the 5K is a lot of fun and you can relax as much as you want the rest of the day, knowing you just did a 5K. :)

Rent bikes and ride to the observation tower.

Kayak excursions that take you to the other side of CC that is a nature area

Feed the stingrays excursion - my favorite.

I know they offer bikes with training wheels but do they have little ppl seats that can go on the adult bike??

Last cruise, DH and I got to see serenity bay for maybe 30 minutes before our wave phone went off letting us know our boys wanted to be picked up. This time, since we are leaving the kids home (shhh they don't know) we are hoping to have a very nice and relaxing day enjoying serenity bay. I reserved us some bicycles and we are thinking about snorkeling but I have heard that the sand gets kicked up kind of early and it's hard to see anything, but we will see. When I did my online checkin last week, cabana #19 was available and while I was tempted, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $400 for it.:crazy2: I'm certain we will have a great time without it.

Also, really hoping to try the famous Konk Koolers this time too. :beach:

Last cruise, DH and I got to see serenity bay for maybe 30 minutes before our wave phone went off letting us know our boys wanted to be picked up. This time, since we are leaving the kids home (shhh they don't know) we are hoping to have a very nice and relaxing day enjoying serenity bay. I reserved us some bicycles and we are thinking about snorkeling but I have heard that the sand gets kicked up kind of early and it's hard to see anything, but we will see. When I did my online checkin last week, cabana #19 was available and while I was tempted, I just couldn't bring myself to spend $400 for it.:crazy2: I'm certain we will have a great time without it.

Also, really hoping to try the famous Konk Koolers this time too. :beach:

Snorkeling will be fine. If there are a lot of swimmers at the time you go, you might wait a little while. I notice it goes in waves. The sand does get kicked up a little with multiple swimmers. Early and later in the day are prime times to go.

Never done a Cabana and really can't see the extra cost for me and my DW. We go to Serenity Bay and walk down the beach until there are only a few folks. Get my chair and umbrella and have me a red-neck cabana!

The 5K... so it is recommended.. So I can do it, but DH is partially disabled probably can't do it.... hmmm do it by myself, and let him sit on the beach?? Maybe..
Is the food different on the Serenity side?? Or just the same as the family beach?? WE have NEVER done the Serenity side, only the family side.. Wondering if that would be good.
Another question, are the bikes pretty small. So If my DH is 6'4" and 375 would he NOT fit???

Snorkeling will be fine. If there are a lot of swimmers at the time you go, you might wait a little while. I notice it goes in waves. The sand does get kicked up a little with multiple swimmers. Early and later in the day are prime times to go.

Never done a Cabana and really can't see the extra cost for me and my DW. We go to Serenity Bay and walk down the beach until there are only a few folks. Get my chair and umbrella and have me a red-neck cabana!

Good to know about the snorkeling. Thank you. :thumbsup2

We hardly got to do anything besides swim and eat, which was a perfectly good day to me! I love serenity bay's buffet choices! Lots of Cajun wings and chicken, burgers, ribs..but my most favorite was the fruit buffet! They had endless amounts of mangos which was my absolute favorite :goodvibes:

Going on my second cruise this May, and my DH and I decided it's going to be our adventure cruise. We got married on our first cruise in October, and everything was such a fuss that we didn't really get to fully "enjoy" the ship, and want to take the time to discover all the great things about the Dream, and our favorite Castaway Cay! :beach:

I like to lie on a beach chair and drink booze.

Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter