Castaway Cay Menu

PLUTO2

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know where to find a menu on the food offered at Castaway Cay? I did a search but only saw menus for on the ship. Just wondering if anything vegetarian is offered or if I should plan to go back to the ship to eat.Thanks. :)

I have to say that I don't remember that being too many vegetarian choices. There is bbq chicken and ribs, hamburger, hot dogs, etc. There is potato salad and GREAT cookies, but really the selection for the non-meat eater is VERY small.

PLUTO2 said:
Does anyone know where to find a menu on the food offered at Castaway Cay? I did a search but only saw menus for on the ship. Just wondering if anything vegetarian is offered or if I should plan to go back to the ship to eat.Thanks. :)

They have a veggie burger out at Serenity Bay, as well as either a lobster burger or salmon burger depending on the menu.

I also remember a separate kiosk at Cookie's Barbecue where they make a tossed Caesar salad which was delicious.

Ceasar salad is not vegetarian. (Unless they skip the anchoivies, in which case it isn't a Ceasar salad - or unless you are a pescavegetarian).

I did not take Crisi's remark as trying to make a point but just giving some info. At our staff meeting last year it was brought up about the anchovies and many people were not aware of this. :)

Cookies has Boca style vegi burgers, you just have to ask.
When going thru line I just asked the server behind the counter for a vegi burger, he ran back and threw one on the grill for me.

PLUTO2 said:
I did not take Crisi's remark as trying to make a point but just giving some info. At our staff meeting last year it was brought up about the anchovies and many people were not aware of this. :)

Exactly. I'm not vegetarian myself, but have had vegetarian friends/family for years, and it has been an education. I'm sorry if I was short. Other things that aren't vegetarian - many soups - even ones that don't have meat as a main ingrediant - have meat broths - (vegetarians served in restaurants ask, if you are cooking for a vegetarian look at the ingrediants you are using) and Jello (or any geletian not specificially marked vegetarian or vegan) - which puts a lot of desserts on the "not vegetarian" list.

crisi said:
Exactly. I'm not vegetarian myself, but have had vegetarian friends/family for years, and it has been an education. I'm sorry if I was short. Other things that aren't vegetarian - many soups - even ones that don't have meat as a main ingrediant - have meat broths - (vegetarians served in restaurants ask, if you are cooking for a vegetarian look at the ingrediants you are using) and Jello (or any geletian not specificially marked vegetarian or vegan) - which puts a lot of desserts on the "not vegetarian" list.

Yes. I became a vegetarian due to health reasons and get very sick if I even have soup with only a meat broth, something I sure don't want to do while on vacation. ::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter