Castaway Cay Excursion

footballmouse

DIS Veteran
We finally decided to do the parasailing excursion at Castaway Cay. We will only be making one stop to the island since we're on the shorter cruise. Has anyone on here done this excursion before & can give me some feedback on the experience? Thanks.

Haven't done it, but have signed up for it on my upcoming cruise next month...So excited!!

Please report back when you return. Our cruise isn't until Sept. so I haven't booked anything yet. Have fun!

My friend and me took our daughters. They were 13 at the time. We all loved it. We went in pairs. They gave us a dip as a finale. Pretty cool seeing the ship below! I think you will enjoy it!

Rob

I've done parasailing twice at CC. This was the second best excursion I've ever done at CC. The best was the Banana Boat (which, sadly, they don't offer anymore) :sad2:

It's so peaceful while you're sailing around up in the air. If you feel safe enough, take a camera up there with you and get some birds eye pictures of the ship and the island. You can take a waterproof camera up there or you can take a regular camera and carry it in a waterpak.

Make sure to have some cash with you to tip the two guys operating the boat and the parasailing equipment. And don't forget to have someone take a picture of you as you're getting ready to be lifted up by the parachute. That way you have proof that ya did it! :thumbsup2 :laughing:

loved it too! had it booked 3 other times but it cancelled due to wind. i was bummed but thank goodness they play it safe. i am a little freaked by heights but once we lifted it was so peaceful and i was amazed at how calm i was!

There are several video's of CC parasailing on youtube, check them out! :thumbsup2

My DD13 and I went parasailing on CC in March. You only get about 5 minutes in the air but it is a very fun 5 minutes and the scenery is beautiful. I got some great pictures while we were in the air.

Ditto to what OP said about tips. we all think of castaway cay as cashless and it's a bad feeling when you do an excursion and realize the people running the excursion are locals who come to castaway for the day and you don't have cash with you. Hope you have a wonderful time!

There are several video's of CC parasailing on youtube, check them out! :thumbsup2

We have, it makes me a little nervous. I don't want to be the only one in the family to not do it. My 13 yo son is afraid of heights, I think if I let him go with his older brother he will be ok. Good to know about the waterproof camera & the tips. Thanks!

My best friend and his sons did it last Friday when we were there. Yes, it was a week ago :( They loved it. My BFF was not thrilled about getting dunked afterwards but that was the only negative. He too, had his waterproof camera and got great shots.

My DH and my DD's (ages 15 and 12 at the time) did it three years ago. They loved it! My DH got fantastic shots of the Magic from up there!!

I say go for it!!! I am a chicken so I will live through all of you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter