Castaway Cay Cabanas, have you rented one?

Wilhelmis4

Earning My Ears
We are thinking of renting a cabana on Castaway Cay but for the life of me I can not find any information on them other than they are $499. How many people are they for? we have a party of 9 going in June, 2014 and I am look for all the information I can find on them. HELP!

I am not sure how Disney governs the number of people in a cabana, but I am sure they have some method. We rented one last September and it was awesome. I don't think I can go back to CC and not have one. We only had 3 in our party, but I think it it could hold 6 comfortably and probably 8, but that would be crowded. My guess is however, that they would limit it to the number of people in the stateroom, as the cabanas are reserved according to the family name on the stateroom.

I rented a cabana on our last cruise. The limit is ten people, with persons 7-10 costing an extra $50 apiece. You may share your cabana with other staterooms. We invited a family we met onboard the day before we arrived at CC with no problem and their name was added to the sign outside of our cabana. They control access to the cabanas with a gate and sharp eyed staff that look for the wristbands given to cabana guests the day before arrival at CC.

Cabanas on the family beach are $499 for 6 people and $50 each for persons 7,8,9, and 10. Ten is the limit in the family beach cabanas. They give each person in your party a wrist band and do check for them. The wrist bands and a cute pop up paper model of your cabana will be placed in your stateroom the night before. Tubes, floating mats, bike rentals and srorkle gear are included in the price. One VERY nice thing about the family beach cabanas is that the beach in front of them is private in that only cabana users can use this part of the beach and even the ocean in front of it as it is also roped off. The rest of the family beach is very very overcrowded both on the sand and in the water. The chaise lounges are jammed right up against each other with no space to walk between them, and there are several rows of them. Families with very young children would have the benefit of having a shaded spot for napping infants and toddlers inside the cabanas. The cabanas on the adult beach do not have a private beach and have bushes in front of them. They include all of the things mentioned above except the snorkle gear. Since there would be no need for napping space for babies, the beach is not private, nor is the entire adult beach at Serenity Bay ever even close to being crowded, I think there is really no need to rent a cabana here. There are plenty of chaise lounges and hammocks and lots of space to spread out. You will have about six hours to spend on Castaway Cay, and if you are going to swim, walk the beach, snorkle, and ride bikes, you won't be in the cabana much. To sum up...there are many reasons to rent a cabana on the family beach, but very little reason to rent a cabana at the adult beach on Serenity Bay. Also, don't give up if there are no cabanas available online. Keep checking every day online because people do cancel them. And don't get all excited about free sodas, chips, and fruit in the cabana. The soda station is open nonstop over by the picnic area... And they have plenty of chips and fruit at the picnic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter