Castaway Cay beach

mla2177

DIS Veteran
Ok. I'm from the Jersey shore (originally) and was wondering how the "sand" and water are on Castaway Cay? Is it the real soft dusty sand like in Wildwood? Or is the sand like gravel? What about the water, are there a lot of jellies?

I'm trying to daydream about it and need a true picture. I don't want to be disappointed when I get there. :cloud9:

Sand is like white powder, no jellifish and water nice and clear.

Nothing like the Atlantic coast except Ogunquit Beach Maine

Linda

Ok. I'm from the Jersey shore (originally) and was wondering how the "sand" and water are on Castaway Cay? Is it the real soft dusty sand like in Wildwood? Or is the sand like gravel? What about the water, are there a lot of jellies?

I'm trying to daydream about it and need a true picture. I don't want to be disappointed when I get there. :cloud9:

OK having been to Wildwood and OC, Md many, many times I will tell you
they are light years apart!!!! There is no comparison here. The sand at
CC is white, soft and powdery and the water is clear, blue and beautiful
(think swimming pool water - you can see your feet!) We went in May
and you could step right in the water - it was quite warm. (for me that's
something because I'm one that won't get in if it's just a little too cool.)
As far as the jellies, I've seen others post on here about seeing them
but when I was there I didn't see any. So it might just depend on when
you're there.
Here are a few photos of our CC day:
Top photo is DD and DS w/Mickey not too far from the entrance.
Bottom photo is DD and DS at the family beach.
You won't be disappointed!!!:banana:

DSCF9234.jpg

DSCF9251.jpg

sand is nice and smooth...the water is clean and very, very calm- bay like....there was a lot of algea last year but that's okay...

been there three times and yet to see a single jelly fish....

the sand is white and no jellies. The water is nice a clear. there are hammocks to swing in and the staff walk around and serve drinks for you. there is lots to do and it is beautiful and relaxing

Just got back last month and my only thought was the sand was full of shells..some broken, some not, so at times right along the shore it was a bit rough on our feet.

There's an old joke...where do Jerseyites go to the beach? Outer Banks! lol

Comparing a Jersey beach to Castaway is like apples to oranges...can't do it!

I live at the Jersey Shore, within walking distance of the beach. I haven't been on the beach here since I discovered Castaway Cay! Our beaches here are beautiful, but they aren't Castaway Cay. I like my water nice and warm, and ours doesn't get warm enough until the end of September, and by then the air is getting a bit chilly. Castaway Cay is perfect, even in December. I can't wait to be there in 2 1/2 weeks. It's been a year and a half since I was last there, and I miss it!

Beth

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter