Castaway Cay 5K's

bearybubba

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if there will be any more Castaway Cay 5Ks? I've looked on runDisney.com and have not seen any Castaway Cay races listed. Do they add these after regular registration for the big races? My husband and I are hoping that there is one after Marathon Weekend 2017...
TIA for any insight!

Yes and possibly no...

The free (for now) Castaway Cay 5K will continue to be held on days when a Disney ship is at Castaway Cay, and finishers have been getting a rubber finisher medallion. No shirt.

But I think you are talking about the Castaway Cay 5K Challenge, where you pay to sign up and get a shirt and a challenge medal after doing a Disney race.

I did not do the challenge myself, but from what I read from others that did (@bumbershoot especially had some great, detailed posts), it sounds like the challenge is going away. Logistically it sounded like a pain (getting to Castaway Cay earlier than normal and holding the race twice - once for the challenge participants and a second time for the regular participants in the free race) and I have to wonder how much they really profited from it. There were numerous posts to runDisney's Facebook page about the CC5K Challenge held in January, but almost nothing about the challenge held in February after Princess Half weekend (and I don't think that challenge even sold out), so I think the novelty wore off quickly.

I think if you don't hear anything about one happening with Wine & Dine, it's safe to assume they've retired the CC5K challenge. :confused3

Yes and possibly no...

The free (for now) Castaway Cay 5K will continue to be held on days when a Disney ship is at Castaway Cay, and finishers have been getting a rubber finisher medallion. No shirt.

But I think you are talking about the Castaway Cay 5K Challenge, where you pay to sign up and get a shirt and a challenge medal after doing a Disney race.

I did not do the challenge myself, but from what I read from others that did (@bumbershoot especially had some great, detailed posts), it sounds like the challenge is going away. Logistically it sounded like a pain (getting to Castaway Cay earlier than normal and holding the race twice - once for the challenge participants and a second time for the regular participants in the free race) and I have to wonder how much they really profited from it. There were numerous posts to runDisney's Facebook page about the CC5K Challenge held in January, but almost nothing about the challenge held in February after Princess Half weekend (and I don't think that challenge even sold out), so I think the novelty wore off quickly.

I think if you don't hear anything about one happening with Wine & Dine, it's safe to assume they've retired the CC5K challenge. :confused3

Thank you for your quick response! Yes, I was talking about the CC5K Challenge where you get the finisher medallion but didn't realize that they had the 'free' one that you mentioned.

Thank you for your quick response! Yes, I was talking about the CC5K Challenge where you get the finisher medallion but didn't realize that they had the 'free' one that you mentioned.
Yep. For that one you can sign up at Guest Services on embarkation day...or at Port Adventures. :)

Fwiw the princess challenge sounded much better than the actual inaugural. So glad for them. :)

I figure we will find out during or just after registration for jan and princess weekends if they will be doing more challenges.

They have continued with the adorable rubber medals for the free runs, which is lovely. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter