Cass, Rob & Kira - Universal & 10-night Southern Caribbean Cruise on Disney Fantasy 2017

And they changed their chocolate chip cookies!!! :scared1:

I was NOT happy about this at all. The ones from room service were like the old ones though (just bigger)

Some people hate getting these rooms that have that outside part on the one side of the verandah but I love it! More privacy ::yes::

I didn't know your balcony was like that.

It took me a bit to get my anxiety pushed away and then start relaxing. The lunch was fun but lots was going on. It's kind of a blur to me now. I do remember Rob saying he wasn't allowed to go to the room for another 10 minutes. LOL. I didn't take any pictures really of us boarding...so I am stealing yours for my TR too. hahahaha.

Day 5, Part 3

After checking out our room, we headed down to check out the kids clubs with Jen & Claire.

I thought I would spend more time in here with Kira during the Open Houses but it turned out that this was the only time I ever stepped foot in any kids club during the entire cruise. :eek:

Passing by the Atrium, I just had to take a pic! :goodvibes

323.jpg

On to Oceaneer Club!

The new Marvel area, which I thought Kira would love because she LOVES Marvel and Dr. Strange, just like us. :confused3

324.jpg

325.jpg

326.jpg

327.jpg

328.jpg

329.jpg

The back corridor that leads to the Lab.

330.jpg

Claire wasn't too keen on doing this but I think Kira kinda roped her into doing it :rotfl:

331.jpg

And then Stitch arrived and well, Claire had zero choice here, Kira was making her stay :lmao:

332.jpg

As we left, Kira got the lock put on her band, which I forgot to mention that she got during check-in at the terminal, which was a first for us! Normally you have to stand in the long line in the terminal or just get one when you get to the club.

333.jpg

On our way to the teen club, Vibe, which is totally tucked away and hard to find :scratchin

334.jpg

335.jpg

336.jpg

337.jpg

338.jpg

339.jpg

Kira was so jealous that they got two hot tubs and a little dipping pool.

Off to the Edge, the tween club.

340.jpg

This kid totally posed for me :rotfl2:

341.jpg

Then Kira and Claire took off together for a little bit. We told her to be back to the room by 3:30.

I think Jen went to deck 13 :smokin:

Rob and I checked out the Cove Cafe treats before heading to the room.

342.jpg

This was pretty cool, even though I hate coffee :crazy2:

343.jpg

We had a little snack, well, Rob did because I didn't care for any of it :(

344.jpg

Our bags started to arrive and I was able to unpack and get us all organized for the next 10 nights. Boy, that was a nice feeling, just settling in and knowing we weren't going anywhere for 10 days :worship: :cloud9:

I gave Rob our door magnets to decorate our door since I was busy with other stuff.

346.jpg

We loved having the Christmas lights on our last cruise so I brought plain white ones this time to hang and it just made finding our room so much easier, especially for Kira as she sometimes mixed up port and starboard, so she knew if she went down the hall at the front of the ship and didn't see the lights, she was on the wrong side :P

345.jpg

Kira came back and soon we were off to the safety drill, which was in the balcony of the Walt Disney Theater, score!!! :cool1:

348.jpg

347.jpg

We went to our room to grab our Canadian flag and a sign I made for our amazing friends, Nancy and Chuck. I wanted to surprise them and I knew they would be watching :hug: :hug:

We went to our usual spot, deck 12 aft and got ready. I brought some masking tape to hang the sign, which worked out great, no stickiness left behind for anyone to clean up :thumbsup2

349.jpg

After getting settled, I looked down a little and saw Brook and family so they joined us. Then Claire and Jen found us and joined us too! Now it's a party!

party:

We did watch the sail away party for a few minutes but we had already started moving! Wow, we were leaving early today :scared:

I was going to post some screen shots from the sail away video from the Port Canaveral web cam but I recently found out that you're not supposed to post any screen shot at all and there's a warning notice on their website, which I never noticed before :eek:

One of my fellow cruisers did purchase the sail away video from them so I hope it's okay to post it here.

You can see us starting at about 4:54 :thumbsup2 :wave2:

Nancy texted us and said that she saw our sign :woohoo:

YAY! I was worried that they wouldn't see it. Sometimes the person operating the video will zoom up on lots of people at the front and then just whiz by the aft section but I was hoping that since we had a sign and our flag that we would have a better chance of them lingering on us for a few seconds and I was right ::yes::

ETA: I just lucked out and found this video on YouTube, it appears to be drone footage of our sail away!!! :cool1:

You can see our flag in it at about 1:10 into it! :thumbsup2 Kira is jumping up and down at one point :P

And then you can see a head shot of us at about 3:09, how cool is that!!!

Thanks Terry Elliott!!! :worship:

After we passed Fishlips, Kira and Claire took off together. Since she had her phone (and certain rules were imposed and discussed at length before leaving home) Kira was free to go off on her own.

Kira is not one to stick to us and is just getting a little freedom and independence so she loves it when she can go off on her own and do her own thing.

I think they went to play Midship Detective Agency, which is just such a brilliant invention!!! :worship:

Rob, Jen and I headed down to deck 4 because I wanted to watch as we passed the beach, it's my favourite part of every port Canaveral sail away and it was way too hot for me up on deck 12 :scared:

Rob caught the pilot boat heading out with us.

298.jpg

Watching from deck 4 chairs :cloud9:

350.jpg

Jen and I watching Cocoa Beach and the port slowly fading away.

299.jpg

Jen went back to deck 13 I think and I told Rob to meet me back in the room, I was still hungry and wouldn't last until dinner so I grabbed this:

351.jpg

And with my lovely Ken's dipping sauce, it was wonderful :love:

Finally, something good to eat for me :rolleyes1

When Rob got back to the room, he was laughing. He showed me a pic of Kira and Claire that he took. The expression on Kira's face is priceless!

(Actually, now I think about it, I think this part happened later, like after dinner maybe? But whatever, it happened :rolleyes::rotfl2:)

Caught in the act!!! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

300.jpg

She thought she was going to get in trouble for having another ice cream :rotfl2:

I told that she was on vacation and I am not nearly as strict on vacation as I am at home and to have ice cream whenever she wants, well...to a point. :p

I know my kid, she is not a "sweets" type of girl, normally at home she will eat half of any ice cream (or other sugar treats she gets) because it's just too much for her. I am relatively strict about giving her sugar because, well, it is a toxin and it is horrible for your body so she doesn't get a lot.

I will say though that she did average 2 or 3 ice creams per day on the cruise but hey, it's vacation and this might be her last cruise for a long while :scratchin

Last edited:
She thought she was going to get in trouble for having another ice cream :rotfl2:

My rule with DD is that, so long as she is still eating the real food at meals, then I'm not going to fuss if she has ice cream and other treats we don't do much at home. Heck, I certainly don't eat like I do on a cruise!

How cool is that? Those details! :worship:
Nice pics!

I didn't know that one couldn't see MARVELs at WDW - only at Universal and at other Disney Parks and on sea. Big Bummer for our October vacation. DS would have loved to see Spidey and Ironman... :worried:

Last edited:

And our paths cross . . . on day 1 no less. My son is in your Oceaneer's club Stitch picture. We boarded later (group 19) and headed there first to check it out and get bands before going upstairs to get lunch. Speaking of which, per your prior post, the chocolate chip cookies looked so unappetizing, I never even bothered to try them, and I usually like chocolate chip cookies.

Funny that you thought your diet coke was not very good. I also thought there was something "off" about the taste at the drink stations, particularly the ones on deck, but to a lesser extent at Cabanas too. Didn't matter what, I tried water, coke, ginger ale, lemonade, ice tea. All of them tasted odd. Had no issues with the taste of the water or tea in the MDRs though.

And our paths cross . . . on day 1 no less. My son is in your Oceaneer's club Stitch picture. We boarded later (group 19) and headed there first to check it out and get bands before going upstairs to get lunch. Speaking of which, per your prior post, the chocolate chip cookies looked so unappetizing, I never even bothered to try them, and I usually like chocolate chip cookies.

Funny that you thought your diet coke was not very good. I also thought there was something "off" about the taste at the drink stations, particularly the ones on deck, but to a lesser extent at Cabanas too. Didn't matter what, I tried water, coke, ginger ale, lemonade, ice tea. All of them tasted odd. Had no issues with the taste of the water or tea in the MDRs though.

it was awful. The deck ones were the worst for sure. I heard from someone that they didn't have the carbonation set up right. I didn't have that issue with it in Oct. so they must have messed something totally up.

Day 5, Part 4

It was now time for the evening show in the theatre. We like to get there early enough to get decent seats close to the front. Jen, Patty and Brook were already there I think so we sat with the gang.

Rob went and got a refillable popcorn bucket and a BB8 sipper cup. :rolleyes:

352.jpg

The buckets are a good deal because they are like $8 or something and then only $1.50 for each refill after that.

I like seeing the welcome aboard show because you get to see the cruise director, sometimes the captain and the entertainment staff that you will be seeing for the next, well, 10 days in this case. I am really good with faces so I walk around saying "Oh look, it's the Genie!" and "She was Jasmine, and Mulan and Pocahontas!" to my family :p

Time for dinner!

Our first dinner was at Animator's Palate and we had a table of 10 but it was an oddly shaped table. It was like a leaf and so the people on the two ends, which happened to be Jen and I that night on one end (and J's family on the other end) were very close together and it was very odd. We felt like we barely had any room and since people tend to get multiples dishes, it really wasn't a good configuration! :headache:

We met our server Ferdie and our assistant server Lewis. They were good but we all had a hard time understanding Ferdie. I think I understood him best and had to translate to my family. Kira finds accents a little challenging and Rob is half deaf from being a DJ for 30 years so it was very difficult!

356.jpg

Here's our menu and the food that we ordered.

353.jpg

354.jpg

355.jpg

357.jpg

358.jpg

359.jpg

360.jpg

361.jpg

362.jpg

For dessert, Rob and I often would order 3 or 4 desserts and share them. 99% of the time I would take one bite and then pass it on to him. I'm not a huge dessert girl.

363.jpg

364.jpg

365.jpg

366.jpg

367.jpg

After dinner, Kira went with Claire to play Midship Detective Agency (where Rob ran into them and took that pic!).

I went back to the room to drop off my camcorder and then we joined Jen, J, Patty and Brook in The Tube for the adult show from Six Appeal. They did a couple of songs during the welcome aboard show and they were pretty awesome so I was excited to see their adult show!

374.jpg

369.jpg

Okay, so this is where I am going to complain about the ridiculously designed Tube :rolleyes1

I don't know who's bright idea it was to place the bar in the center of the room because half of the people in the Tube cannot see the stage! Even beside the bar, if you sat in the chairs like we did, people would just come and stand in front of you! Why? Because the guy who designed this should be shot, that's why!!! :duck:

There's very little seating so it fills up fast and instead of having the bar at the back of the room like it is on the Wonder and Magic, it takes up half of the back area and only seats a few people around it!

So dumb!

371.jpg

372.jpg

They had a screen on the back side of the room but we would have to sit facing the entire crowd backwards almost, which was very awkward!

This is a zoomed in pic, the only way I could actually see them. :scared:

They sounded good but after seeing them at the other show, I knew that half of their entertainment was in their movements, which none of us could see.

373.jpg

Time to head back to the room and check out tomorrow's Navigator!

375.jpg

376.jpg

I would have preferred to go to the pool with Kira and/or myself but all pools were closed now :(

It had been a long day and my blister was killing me still and my ankles were all swollen, I would have LOVED to gone for a dip in the pool and hot tub, it would have made a huge difference to me that night!

Here's my very large ankles :rolleyes1

377.jpg

And I know that you can't tell how swollen they are so here's my feet normally without the swelling, just for comparison :D

378.jpg

Bonus pic of my Boo in the background for you :P

Last edited:

Happily reading along and enjoying another report!!! Ouch, your swollen ankles, you poor thing :(
Shocked to hear about bad DC in the dining rooms, I always say they serve the best DC in DCL MDRs.........

I love Kira's shirt, my granddaughter would love this top, can you tell me where you got it please?

Thanks Lori

Because the guy who designed this should be shot, that's why!!! :duck:

Yes they should be. This design is awful. I can't remember how the Dream is set up, but I am thinking it's similar too. Such a poor design.
Six Appeal were such awesome singers....but they needed a little wardrobe help. LOL

Day 6, Part 1

Just so you know, I had every intention of waking up early every morning, watching the sun rise over the ocean and going for a walk on deck 4 and then having a nice quiet breakfast at Cabanas.

This happened exactly ZERO times this cruise :rolleyes1

There were many reasons for this, the main one, early on especially, was my feet/ankle situation.

They were already sore and I put on about 15,000 steps every single day on the ship anyway so I didn't want to make it worse.

The second and most important reason was that I really enjoyed sleeping in and snuggling with my husband every morning :cloud9:

For the past 10 months, this has been a rarity for us as I get out of bed at 6:30am to get Kira off to school during the week and Rob is often gone by 9am on Saturdays for work which leaves us only Sunday morning to snuggle.

We get more cuddle time in the summer but at that point, Kira's last day of school was the day before we left so while my alarm went off at 6:45 every morning on the cruise, that was Rob's cue to come closer and snuggle :p

And honestly, it was one of the very best parts of the cruise :love:

We did this every single morning, except for St. Kitt's day and then we showered and we would all go for breakfast together at Cabanas.

380.jpg

370.jpg

381.jpg

Kira only ever eats sugar cereal on cruises which is weird but whatever. If she eats cereal at home, it's healthy stuff which is a HUGE step up from childhood because ALL I ever ate was Captain Crunch, Froot Loops and Boo Berry cereal :scared:

She decided on a second course today and this would become her staple every morning. She got 2 or 3 pancakes and even cut them herself :worship:

This made me happy as I am usually the one getting and cutting her breakfast instead of just going to grab something for myself first. I love her growing up and doing stuff herself :rolleyes:

385.jpg

This is what I had every single day...something I rarely eat at home but absolutely love!

382.jpg

And here's Rob with his usual three plates :rolleyes1

383.jpg

384.jpg

Rob loves cruises mainly for the buffets I think. He loves variety and he has a crappy wife who only makes like 3 things for dinner every night :D

Keep in mind that he is a slow eater and eats a lot, which led to a little frustration with Kira. She's like me, she wants to eat and go. I don't mind to linger sometimes to keep him company because he's my husband and I know he likes the company but Kira lacks the consideration gene sometimes :rolleyes2

At the beginning of the cruise, I kept him company for most of his meals at Cabanas but towards the middle of the cruise the crowds and noise from Cabanas would often get to me and I would just have to leave. I felt bad because he's not like me, he doesn't like to be alone. :sad1:

I could spend three months alone and enjoy every second but Rob, like most people I think, prefers to have company all the time.

I am an introvert to the core. My dad told me that he couldn't punish me by sending me to my room when I was a kid because I would just sit and draw or read and just enjoy my alone time :rolleyes1

It might have something to do with the fact that I was the baby of 5 kids :scratchin

I don't like crowds or noisy areas, people drive me nuts! Okay, most people drive me nuts and the introvert in me would much rather run away to a secluded place and be alone. I know, I'm weird :o

So, for the whole cruise, I would compromise and go to the buffet every day for breakfast and lunch with him and I would sit with him until I just couldn't do it anymore and then if I didn't eat then I would grab a burger or tenders from Flo's and go eat alone in the room watching a movie ;)

It kind of worked out well, we both got what we want with a little bit of compromise :laughing:

He tried to eat as much as he could in one sitting because he has Invisalign braces and he needs to floss and brush his teeth after every meal before putting his trays back in.

We got back to our room to find this...

379.jpg

We were a part of our FB Fish Extender group and we also did a group FE with J, Jen, Patty and Brook.

Kira loved it and was super spoiled by everyone ::yes::

I had two big boxes with our gifts to deliver but I had thrown them both in the closet the day before and hadn't even touched them! Deliveries would have to wait until tomorrow :angel:

Kira was texting Claire on the app since 8am wondering if she wanted to do something. Claire wasn't responding so I told her to stop texting her. Clearly, she has zero patience and didn't listen because I think Claire woke up to a bazillion messages from Kira. :rotfl2:

Jen later told me that Claire sleeps like a teenager and doesn't do mornings :rotfl:

Kira was getting impatient and thought Claire was ignoring her. I guess she just had these visions of her and Claire hanging out all day and all night and well, that wasn't the case.

I told her that she should go to the Club and make some friends. She refused and didn't want to do anything but stay in the room and watch the darn TV! :worried:

387.jpg

I was really hoping she would be with Claire too :rolleyes1

She kept talking about Claire and asking me a million things like when do you think she will like to do stuff and a whole bunch of stuff that I couldn't answer for her. She was getting rather annoying and driving us both nuts!

It was now almost 11am and we had to run down to the theatre to make it to our Castaway Club meeting. I was excited for it as it was very different from previous versions.:thumbsup2

The cruise director and captain spoke for a bit.

386.jpg

He explained that they would show us a scene from Aladdin, like we would see it later tonight. After that, they would do it again but this time they would show us a behind the scenes take on it where we can hear the people who make it run smoothly. So we can hear the lady in charge help set up lights and sets and actors and everything else plus the floor manager was there on the stage doing his job but where we can see him.

It was so intricate and chaotic and amazing and impressive! I knew there was a lot going on behind the scenes, I took drama for many years and was the prop master so I wasn't new to behind the scenes of a big production but this just blew me away!

On top of that, they deal with a rocking ship too so this just really made me appreciate all of the effort that goes into entertaining us even more! :worship:

Kudos to Disney because that was fantastic!

Back to the room I think and we got more FE gifts. I also gave Kira those two Stitch spinners in her FE, which she loved!

388.jpg

Once again, I urged Kira to go to the clubs but she refused. I felt bad for her on one hand but then she was all crabby and had a bad attitude so I didn't feel so bad :laughing:

I asked her if she wanted to join us for lunch but she didn't. I think she ran upstairs and got something from Flo's and ate it in the room while she watched TV.

Rob and I went up to Cabanas, oh yay! :cool:

Here's two of his plates...he got dessert later but I don't have pics.

389.jpg

390.jpg

This is what I got:

391.jpg

I didn't eat much of it actually but I stuck around to keep Rob company for awhile.

Later, I was still hungry so I left Rob to finish his desserts and got myself this...

392.jpg

It was quite delicious and totally hit the spot! I had brought it down to the room and watched The Founder on TV while I ate it. I actually ended up having to steal the TV away from my kid. She wasn't happy with me and went off to play midship detective by herself. :rolleyes:

I had asked our stateroom host to keep us filled with ice and he was really good at it and as I had diet coke in my fridge, I used my Cabana Bay mug! It was perfect, I filled it with ice and then poured some DC in there until full and kept doing that until the can ran out. This is how I like my drinks, super cold with tons of ice! I am so glad I had brought DC with me because this is what I did almost daily for my lunch, which totally worked out. I got some alone time, good, cold DC and watched part of a movie every day. :cool1:

Last edited:
My dad told me that he couldn't punish me by sending me to my room when I was a kid because I would just sit and draw or read and just enjoy my alone time

LOL....to punish Claire we have to make her do stuff with us. She loves to be alone in her room all day long.

I was really hoping she would be with Claire too :rolleyes1

Yeah, me too. And this was the morning she woke up as the spawn of Satan. I know lack of sleep was part of it, but she was sooooo moody.

watched The Founder on TV

And I never got to finish it! I looked on Amazon prime and in my library's online catalog and neither have it (well prime will charge me for it). I really want to finish this movie...actually rewatch the whole thing. Maybe I'll end up buying it.

I loved the Aladdin thing. It was so impressive.

I think I will be starting my TR either later today or tomorrow. (I will have Gracie for part of the day today, so it depends on how things go.) I'll give a shout out for your TR too so people can see different views of the same cruise.

Enjoying hearing about your cruise portion, although I am (silently) chuckling about the hubby who eats slow and the child who wants to do something...and yet, doesn't want to do anything that you suggest! Ha ha! Sorry that your ankles and feet were bothering you, I hope that doesn't lead to some miserable sight seeing later on in the trip.

I will have to start reading Jen's report once she gets it going. :thumbsup2

Love seeing a new TR from you...I've enjoyed your previous ones...and I like reading @jenseib's TR's too...it will be great to see 2 different perspectives...
And, I'm also jealous! No cruises planned for us Canucks...until the buck gets better!

It’s really bad when you can “see” that the hot dog itself was good but the bun was bad. Your picture speaks a thousand words to that. :headache:

There’s nothing like walking into your cabin for the first time. That’s the moment that makes it all real for me. Well, that and realizing that they are serving Sea Bass tonight!! :fish:

I love having a cozy verandah myself. That’s why I booked 9664 again! That maintenance basket above us made for a nice shady verandah and didn’t bother us a bit. :)

Nice score on the muster drill location. You know my disdain with having ours on deck. Always waiting for the "Johnny Come Lately’s" who are already half in the bag. Last year, because we had to wait for them, we missed sail away. :mad::headache:

You bet we were watching your sail away.:flower3: Your sign made me cry, Hun. But it was a good cry. Even Chuck was tearing up. :love::love:

I hope that was a sauce surrounding your steak. o_O

I never knew that Kira's real name was Kirawe. :cutie:

So happy to read the updates! First off, the candid pic of Kira on the staircase being busted with that ice cream is absolutely priceless! Her expression says it all. I love it! And with all the trouble kids can get into ya gotta love her for having her worst offense being snagging an extra ice cream cone or two. :D

Thank you so much for the clear crisp pics of the menus and navigators! I know with the sometimes dim lighting in the restaurants, lack of space on the table in which to take menu pics, the menu designs themselves, and my eyesight lol, I usually have a very difficult time viewing menus/navigators on trip reports.

Oh your poor feet and ankles! I also have this trouble after walking a full day at Disney . I used to think of them as theme park feet, but clearly you managed to walk an incredible amount of steps on the ship in order to create "cruise feet." I hope things improved on that front. I remember some nights at Disney laying in bed with 5 pillows under my legs.

Yes, I agree, I can't stand seeing any pink in a burger. I hope it didnt end up making you ill.

Are those popcorn buckets cruise specific? Any DCL pics on it or are they the same ones you buy at the parks? Love that photo of Rob, btw.

Getting a kick out of the Kira stories. Ah yes, I do remember the kid angst on our first cruise when DD was Kira's age. It sounds very familiar. :crazy:

Day 6, Part 2

Not sure what we did after lunch, I think we probably checked out the shops and walked around the ship a bit and chilled on our verandah.

A few hours later I was still full from my burger and I think Rob and Kira ate at Flo's just before heading to the show that night.

Next up was tonight's WDT show, Aladdin, which was great and we appreciated it even more after finding out what goes on behind the scenes.

You can't take pics during the show so as to not distract the cast members and everyone watching but I usually snap a quick pic of the finale because everyone is standing up anyway, you can't even tell :p

394.jpg

Kira loves to catch all the fun stuff during the shows :rolleyes:

397.jpg

Tonight was formal night, which we normally take part in but we decided to completely skip formal and semi-formal nights this cruise. I told my table mates before we even left home that we wouldn't be joining them because not only were we not bringing anything dressy but also, I don't care for the menu usually.

What was more important to us was some family pool time :cool1:

So after the show, we went back to our room and changed into our swimsuits.

Snapped a couple of pics of our beautiful view from the verandah.

395.jpg

This is one of the reasons I love to cruise :love:

396.jpg

398.jpg

Then up to the pool deck :woohoo:

399.jpg

This was our first mission...

400.jpg

Every night but one this sign was out and you could only ride the Aquaduck in two's.

401.jpg

I went with Kira three times in a row, no lines!

402.jpg

I think Rob ran back to the room to drop off his phone and then he joined us and did a few turns on the Aquaduck with Kira.

You know, now that I am at home thinking about it, I should have done a turn on the AD with my husband! Last time we were on the Fantasy, Kira was 6 and we couldn't (or wouldn't) leave her alone but we totally could have this time but we didn't! :worried:

I miss doing rides and stuff with him, we never get to do that stuff together anymore because of chicken girl :rolleyes: so we're always going alone or one of us is always with Kira.

Darn!

Oh well, we both took many turns with Kira and then Kira and I swam. Rob is not really a pool person. He doesn't like being cold, not even a little. Kira is less picky about being cold and a little less sensitive to temperatures than her daddy plus she loves the pool just like her momma. The only bummer was that there is no longer a family hot tub. :sad:

Once Rob was done with the Aquaduck, I think he went back to shower to warm up and he came back with his phone and took a few shots of Kira and I watching Ratatouille on the big screen.

I love that movie so we just chilled in the pool and enjoyed some mommy-Kira time :love:

A few months before the trip, we invested in prescription goggles for Kira. They were awfully pricey but she loves the pool and we knew she would make good use of them.

They still fog up a little but at least she can see :smooth:

403.jpg

404.jpg

405.jpg

That was a really great night! No attitude and we were in our happy place :cloud9:

I think at one point I hit up the adult pool for some alone time. There was only one other person in the hot tub and no one else in the pool. :love:

I must have zipped in to Quiet Cove Cafe because I have a pic of the snacks that they offered pretty much every night.

406.jpg

Rob and Kira were chilling in the chairs when I got back.

407.jpg

408.jpg

Goofy Golf was closing at 10pm so we decided to go do that before it closed although I don't even know if they really close it? Do they come and remove the balls and putters at 10pm? Not sure :confused3

409.jpg

It was windy but fun :goodvibes

410.jpg

411.jpg

After golf, we decided to have a peek at Sweet On You...

412.jpg

413.jpg

414.jpg

415.jpg

416.jpg

417.jpg

418.jpg

419.jpg

I'm not into sweets but Rob and Kira split two scoops of ice cream, each of them choose one flavour.

They were really good about letting us (them) taste test a few flavours to find one they really liked.

ETA: The reason for their facial expressions...I told them to stand in front of Minnie so that she wouldn't be in my photo LOL!! :p

Menolikeminnie :ssst:

420.jpg

Like I mentioned, I'm not a sweets girl but I am a carb girl so when I saw this as a special menu item at Flo's, it came back to the room with me :rotfl2:

421.jpg

It was a spicy chicken sandwich but it was hardly spicy at all, which totally worked for moi! It was pure deliciousness! :thumbsup2

Here's tomorrow's navigator and that's it for our first at sea day!

422.jpg

Last edited:
My rule with DD is that, so long as she is still eating the real food at meals, then I'm not going to fuss if she has ice cream and other treats we don't do much at home. Heck, I certainly don't eat like I do on a cruise!

That's a good rule :thumbsup2

How cool is that? Those details! :worship:
Nice pics!

I didn't know that one couldn't see MARVELs at WDW - only at Universal and at other Disney Parks and on sea. Big Bummer for our October vacation. DS would have loved to see Spidey and Ironman... :worried:

I know, it's all silly and confusing :rolleyes2

How cool! :cool1:

Yes, they tasted like crud :crazy2: you didn't miss anything!

I only tried the diet coke but yeah, definitely sounds like a carbonation issue on the ship o_O

it was awful. The deck ones were the worst for sure. I heard from someone that they didn't have the carbonation set up right. I didn't have that issue with it in Oct. so they must have messed something totally up.

Yeah, they really messed it up :worried: I even bought a couple of DC's in Tortola because I knew I was going to run out and I didn't want to drink the swill on the ship :scared:

What awesome updates. I was very surprised to see Jen and Claire in the pictures. It's so nice to be on a cruise with friends.

Cruising with friends is the best :goodvibes

Love the picture and I'm totally jealous of the BB8!

Well, there are no ankles... :scared1: Poor thing!:hug:

LOL, true! Just cankles :rotfl2:

Happily reading along and enjoying another report!!! Ouch, your swollen ankles, you poor thing :(
Shocked to hear about bad DC in the dining rooms, I always say they serve the best DC in DCL MDRs.........

I love Kira's shirt, my granddaughter would love this top, can you tell me where you got it please?

Thanks Lori

Yes, it's normally quite good, guess we just lucked out :rolleyes:

The Sail Away with Me shirt? I got it at Sears in Calgary before we left home. :thumbsup2 On sale for $7 :cool1:

Yes they should be. This design is awful. I can't remember how the Dream is set up, but I am thinking it's similar too. Such a poor design.
Six Appeal were such awesome singers....but they needed a little wardrobe help. LOL

The Dream is the exact same thing! :eek:

Yes, they needed a little help from a personal stylist :laughing:

LOL....to punish Claire we have to make her do stuff with us. She loves to be alone in her room all day long.

Yeah, me too. And this was the morning she woke up as the spawn of Satan. I know lack of sleep was part of it, but she was sooooo moody.

And I never got to finish it! I looked on Amazon prime and in my library's online catalog and neither have it (well prime will charge me for it). I really want to finish this movie...actually rewatch the whole thing. Maybe I'll end up buying it.

I loved the Aladdin thing. It was so impressive.

I think I will be starting my TR either later today or tomorrow. (I will have Gracie for part of the day today, so it depends on how things go.) I'll give a shout out for your TR too so people can see different views of the same cruise.

Spawn of Satan :rotfl2:

The movie is not out yet (on dvd or streaming sites) but I think I saw it on the list of coming in August for Netflix :thumbsup2 Rob didn't see the end either, it's a really good movie!

Ohhh yay!! I can't wait to read your perspective and about your Disney time :jumping3:

I will put a link to it in my main post when you start it :thumbsup2

Enjoying hearing about your cruise portion, although I am (silently) chuckling about the hubby who eats slow and the child who wants to do something...and yet, doesn't want to do anything that you suggest! Ha ha! Sorry that your ankles and feet were bothering you, I hope that doesn't lead to some miserable sight seeing later on in the trip.

I will have to start reading Jen's report once she gets it going. :thumbsup2

Yes, very much like that! If I suggested it, she wouldn't do it no matter what it was :p She was very stubborn for several days :rolleyes1

The ankles weren't an issue, the blister did get better and wasn't an issue but the heat definitely triggered my lupus and did set me back a little but nothing I wasn't prepared for so it was all good :o

Love seeing a new TR from you...I've enjoyed your previous ones...and I like reading @jenseib's TR's too...it will be great to see 2 different perspectives...
And, I'm also jealous! No cruises planned for us Canucks...until the buck gets better!

It seems to be slowly improving so maybe a cruise in your near future :rolleyes: :goodvibes

Thanks for joining in :cool1:

It’s really bad when you can “see” that the hot dog itself was good but the bun was bad. Your picture speaks a thousand words to that. :headache:

There’s nothing like walking into your cabin for the first time. That’s the moment that makes it all real for me. Well, that and realizing that they are serving Sea Bass tonight!! :fish:

I love having a cozy verandah myself. That’s why I booked 9664 again! That maintenance basket above us made for a nice shady verandah and didn’t bother us a bit. :)

Actually it was the taste of the weiner that I didn't care for :crazy2: Kira had several hot dogs and loved them so maybe it was just that one day that they were terrible? :confused3

Cozy verandah is always good in my books :cool1:

Nice score on the muster drill location. You know my disdain with having ours on deck. Always waiting for the "Johnny Come Lately’s" who are already half in the bag. Last year, because we had to wait for them, we missed sail away. :mad::headache:

You bet we were watching your sail away.:flower3: Your sign made me cry, Hun. But it was a good cry. Even Chuck was tearing up. :love::love:

I hope that was a sauce surrounding your steak. o_O

I never knew that Kira's real name was Kirawe. :cutie:

Yes, the worst is deck 4 starboard :faint:

I love making you "good" cry :hug:

Yeah, I laughed when I saw the Kirawe :rotfl2:

So happy to read the updates! First off, the candid pic of Kira on the staircase being busted with that ice cream is absolutely priceless! Her expression says it all. I love it! And with all the trouble kids can get into ya gotta love her for having her worst offense being snagging an extra ice cream cone or two. :D

Thank you so much for the clear crisp pics of the menus and navigators! I know with the sometimes dim lighting in the restaurants, lack of space on the table in which to take menu pics, the menu designs themselves, and my eyesight lol, I usually have a very difficult time viewing menus/navigators on trip reports.

Oh your poor feet and ankles! I also have this trouble after walking a full day at Disney . I used to think of them as theme park feet, but clearly you managed to walk an incredible amount of steps on the ship in order to create "cruise feet." I hope things improved on that front. I remember some nights at Disney laying in bed with 5 pillows under my legs.

Yes, I agree, I can't stand seeing any pink in a burger. I hope it didnt end up making you ill.

Are those popcorn buckets cruise specific? Any DCL pics on it or are they the same ones you buy at the parks? Love that photo of Rob, btw.

Getting a kick out of the Kira stories. Ah yes, I do remember the kid angst on our first cruise when DD was Kira's age. It sounds very familiar. :crazy:

Yeah, although she has an attitude sometimes, she's a really good kid and doesn't break the rules and actually really hates it when other kids break them! We had tons of issues with that this cruise so yeah, an extra ice cream or two is okay by me :rotfl2:

The buckets actually say Disney Parks, which is silly to me! We had the same issue on the Wonder over Christmas, we bought mugs on the ship and they said Walt Disney World :rolleyes2

Thankfully, the pink burger didn't make me ill :thumbsup2

Glad you can see the menus and navs :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter