Cass, Rob and Kira back in Disney! Toddlers' tempers and tantrums *Final Video!1/06*

Cass! Cass! YAHOO!!!!:banana::banana: You started! omg, you just made my entire night, I loved every single step...the cutie Kira pic looking out of the plane window omg, her carrying the bag on the way to dinner over the shoulder:rotfl::rotfl:, then LOL the "birthday suit" Mickey on the butt:laughing::laughing: Cass, you got me laughin right out loud!! Lovin everything, every detail. Can't wait for the next day already, great great job!!:thumbsup2

I'm in... good start Cass... and of COURSE she loved the bag... it's :tinker:

Thanks babe! By the way, I asked her today if she remembered who got her her favourite bag and she did! She said "Naaaaaaancy and Tuck!!" :rotfl2:

Awwww. :love:

And this American can vouch for the great taste of Tim Hortons. :yay: I'm already on my second cup. (Don't tell my Dr though....Naaaaaaaancy shouldn't be drinking coffee anymore). :rolleyes1

I love your trip reports!!! We were at WDW Oct28-Nov3!!! I would have recognized you if we would have seen you though since my whole family has had a "missing Disney night" and watched one of your videos....lol. Glad you are posting:goodvibes

Just wanted to say Hello Cass and that I am enjoying reading your TR. I love that Kira calls DW "DizzyWorld" that is what my son used to call it when he was little.

Lookng forward to more. :thumbsup2

Great trippee..you've got me hooked. More please.

I am enjoying reading about your trip so far. I have never seen the special airplane belt for children. That is GREAT!

I loved seeing your pictures of AKV as well since that is our home resort and we havent been there yet. 20 more days!:thumbsup2

Awwww. :love:

And this American can vouch for the great taste of Tim Hortons. :yay: I'm already on my second cup. (Don't tell my Dr though....Naaaaaaaancy shouldn't be drinking coffee anymore). :rolleyes1

Yay! Glad you like it Nancy :)
What does Chuck think? Probably not strong enough for him.

Well, I know what to get you for Xmas now :goodvibes

Day 2, Part 1

October 16th - Animal Kingdom

Surprisingly Kira did not sleep in today! Just after 8am she looked over at me and said "Hi mommy, it's light out!" :rotfl2:

Can you all guess what she did right after I told her "Good morning pumpkin" ?

:rolleyes1

2-1.jpg

So she played with her bag and toys while Rob and I got showered and got ready and then we greased her all up.

2-2.jpg

This is the only half-way decent photo of me all day because as soon as I hit that heat and humidity my hair just dies!!!

2-3.jpg

We left AKV around 9am and drove to Animal Kingdom.

We parked in the Unicorn section and that is where my experience with grumpy CM's started. I don't know what was with them this trip but everywhere we went, we ran into the grumpiest Cast Members!

I was taking a photo of the Unicorn sign and suddenly a CM started screaming at me (and I mean screaming at the top of her lungs kind of screaming!)

"Do not take a picture of the parking lot sign....this will not help you to find your vehicle at the end of the day!!! You can find your row number at the end of the row!!! That is the only way you will be able to find your vehicle later on!"

Oooook.

Take a chill pill honey! :rolleyes:

So the pissy Canadian in me yelled back at her "I know!!!!!!! I am just taking a picture for my daughter, is that oooooooooookay with you???"

I got the dirtiest look from her :rolleyes1

The sign that started it all

2-4.jpg

Sorry but first of all, don't scream at me lady! This is my happy place, if I want to be screamed at, I would have stayed home! This is not how I wanted my Disney experience to start. Secondly, don't assume that everyone is stupid! Yes, I am sure some people will take photos of that sign to mark where they have parked and while it wouldn't pinpoint their exact row, it would help them find it!

Ahem.

Ok, back to happy place.

Kira saw the tram and wanted to go on it so we folded up the huge stroller and got on.

2-5.jpg

We had left some stuff in the bottom of our stroller and it all ended up falling out when we left the tram. So we decided no more trams for us, besides, we need the exercise ;)

Our plan was to have breakfast at Rainforest Cafe, one of our favourite places to eat breakfast.

We only waited a few minutes to be seated. Rob was really happy to be back here.

2-6.jpg

At first Kira was a little freaked out at all the loud animal sounds but after awhile she got used to it and loved it. She has RFC plates and shirts and magnets at home and we always talk about the animals and go online and learn their names so she was excited to see them all in person. Rio the parrot was right above her head watching her eat, she liked that :)

Rob was sad that they took his Fruit Plate off the menu so he got some waffles and I got my Breakfast of Bandits and we asked for a side of some fresh fruit. They brought Kira a plate just like the ones she has at home so that was another bonus!

2-7.jpg

Our server Angel was really good but the food was just mediocre. Not what we were used to at this restaurant.

2-8.jpg

We still enjoyed the atmosphere but were really disappointed in the food.

It was about 10:45 before we finally made it into the park.

When we passed over that bridge to Discovery Island, we saw the Pooh gang in that little character area on the way to Dinoland so we decided to get Kira started with the whole character thing.

She was very patient while waiting in line and I was so proud of her! At first she was confused about what the plan was (Autograph, hug, look at mommy and say cheese and say good-bye) but she caught on really fast! :thumbsup2

It didn't help that when the Photopass people were there, she often looked at them instead of me but between me and the photopass guy, we got some great shots!

Her first character was Pooh. She hugged him several times I think because she didn't exactly know what else to do with him LOL!

2-9.jpg

2-10.jpg

Then came Eeyore

2-11.jpg

2-12.jpg

And then finally Tigger!

Here she is waiting in line with her book handy...

2-13.jpg

When it was our time, Rob and Kira started bouncing towards him but Rob had left his change pouch open and all that bouncing caused all his change to fly out! Tigger was hilarious because he got down on his knees and was trying to steal all of Rob's change but he had a hard time picking it up! He finally found Rob's 501st coin which is really thick and he was able to pick that one up! Tigger motioned that he was keeping it. :rotfl2:

Kira was just waiting patiently for an autograph during all of this LOL! Poor kid.

2-14.jpg

2-15.jpg

2-16.jpg

2-17.jpg

Rob was all embarrassed about the whole thing but I told him that it made for a very fun and unique character experience!

Kira had a really great time with the characters and she really liked having them sign her book. I'm glad I took the time to make a special book for her!

If you want to see all of Kira's autograph book, you can see it here:

http://cassworld.ca/autograph.htm

To be continued.....

Last edited:
Day 2 Part 2

We walked over to Dinoland USA to go play in the boneyard since we've been telling Kira for a year now that she will be "Diggin' in Dinoland" like the song says.

We were all heartbroken when we saw that the entire Boneyard was closed!!!!!!! :scared1: I checked all the closures before we left and nothing was mentioned about it being closed so it was a huge letdown for us.

We had planned on letting Kira play for hours and hours in that place, it's an awesome toddler area.

So we carried on sadly to Dinoland and when she saw the rides she yelled out "Go on rides!!!!"

Unfortunately, the only ride she could go on was Triceratops Spin.

On our way there we saw Pluto and Goofy so we got in line for them. They were pretty funny and she liked seeing them!

Kissing Pluto's nose
2-18.jpg

Feeling Goofy lol
2-19.jpg

Waiting in line for Triceratops Spin...she didn't like the loud noise it made
2-21.jpg

Daddy and daughter
2-20.jpg

It was so hot that day, we took a lot of little breaks for snacks/juice/water.

She loved the pineapple bars! So did her daddy!
2-22.jpg

2-23.jpg

On our way to Camp Minnie Mickey, we saw Lilo and Stitch

2-24.jpg

2-25.jpg

2-26.jpg

When we got there, I realized that I forgot to make a special page for them in her book :( I was planning on making one but I guess I got distracted and never actually made it.

We were planning on going to see the character at CMM but when we got there the Lion King Festival had just let out and the lines for the characters were REALLY long!!

Rob and Kira were getting hungry so we decided to stop for lunch at Flame Tree BBQ.

By this time I was really hot and sweaty and I just wanted to sit down. Normally I get the food while Kira and Rob find a table but I had no energy left and so Rob got the food while Kira and I went to find a table.

I didn't even know there was a seating area behind FTB so when we went to go and find a table I was stunned! The seating area is HUGE...I mean massive and there's isn't just one area, there's like 12 of them!

Rob isn't the best at finding things so I was worried that he wouldn't find us. I texted him several times to clarify our location :rolleyes:

Kira waiting for her daddy
2-27.jpg

The lines for food were busy and it was about 30 minutes before Rob met up with us with the food. Kira and I kept busy watching the squirrels and different birds and ducks walking all over the place. She kept calling one particular bird a Rooster :rotfl:

Rob and Kira ate their lunch and then we decided to go to Maharajah Jungle Trek since Rob and I had never done that before. We did that a lot on this trip, seen things we never took the time to see before.

When Rob and I go, it's rides, rides, food, rides, rides and more food. So this was a very different trip for us. We had been in AK for several hours now and the only ride he had done was Triceratops Spin :lmao:

Kira wasn't really into the animals, she liked walking around on her own though!

2-28.jpg

2-29.jpg

My hair was totally flat by now and sticking to my head so I wet it down and stuck on a hat ;)
2-30.jpg

We passed by the little dancing fountains and let Kira play for awhile. She really liked this!

2-31.jpg

2-32.jpg

She played there for a good 45-60 minutes before Rob dried her up with his new towel and changed her into dry clothes.

We headed towards the front of the park to find a place to watch the parade. We ducked in the store first and the next thing I knew, Kira was the owner of two brand new stuffies!

I told Rob she has a billion stuffies at home but he's a bit of a suck and likes to buy things so there was no arguing with him.

2-33.jpg

We found a spot for the parade and camped out until it started. It seemed much shorter and less exciting than the last time we saw it but Kira liked it.

2-34.jpg

After the parade we decided to go see Finding Nemo the Musical. Not sure how Kira would react, we tried to sit on the side in case we needed to make a quit exit. She was bored and started acting up while waiting for the show but she was pretty good during the show. She sat on my lap for most of the time so I was happy to cuddle her :goodvibes She doesn't sit still for long, rarely cuddles with anyone so it was a nice little treat for me.

2-35.jpg

I think at this point I asked Rob if we could take turns and go ride Expedition Everest. It was the only ride that I really wanted to do so we walked over and I got in the single rider line and was on the coaster in less than 10 minutes. Man, I love that coaster!!!

I told Rob to go ride it while we watched for him but he didn't understand my directions on where to go for the single rider line and he ended up waiting 20 minutes in the stand-by line.

To be continued...

Last edited:
Tigger was hilarious because he got down on his knees and was trying to steal all of Rob's change but he had a hard time picking it up! He finally found Rob's 501st coin which is really thick and he was able to pick that one up! Tigger motioned that he was keeping it.

That is too funny!

Day 2 Part 3

Kira had done pretty well so far but it wouldn't last long :rolleyes1

We were hungry though so we decided to get some chicken strips at Restaurantosaurus before we left. Apparently she had a huge meltdown while I was getting our food. Actually, I heard her all the way from the other room.

I thought she was just super hungry but she didn't eat very much. She just sipped on some Mickey Milk and that's it.

2-36.jpg

On our way out, it started to rain a little. Nothing major, just some nice sprinkles. Rob grabbed a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich and we all shared it.

2-37.jpg

By now the sun was about to set and the sky looked beautiful!

I took these 2 photos on the way out of the park, I just loved the light and the million birds. lol

2-38.jpg

2-39.jpg

She was tired of being in the stroller so we just let her walk around. It was now EMH so it wasn't busy and she was happy!

2-40.jpg

As we approached the RFC sign, she ran over and started naming all the characters LOL!

2-41.jpg

The sunset was gorgeous that night! We couldn't see it well from the park but as soon as we got to the bus stop area, you could really see it!

2-42.jpg

It was a great walk to the van, it had finally cooled off a little, it was sprinkling rain, the sky was amazing and Kira was having fun walking!

It was a great night!

2-43.jpg

Oh and even though we never did make note of our row, we actually found our vehicle!!!!!!! Imagine that :rolleyes1

2-44.jpg

Back to the room to get changed into our swimsuits and off we went again to the pool. This time we made it in time for the splash area to be working. Kira wasn't too happy about that :rolleyes:

She enjoyed the toddler area though and once again swam like a fish in the big pool with her mommy :love:

2-45.jpg

2-46.jpg

Timed this shot perfectly :thumbsup2

2-47.jpg

2-48.jpg

We filled up our refillable mugs at the store in the lobby and then got ready for bed.

By the way, if you have the resort mugs and you want coffee, make sure you fill up in the lobby store before you come to the pool as there is only soft drinks in the pool area, no coffee!

Oh forgot to mention that when we bought our mugs at Mara last night, I also found Coke Zero there! I have never tried it before so I thought I would give it a go! Turns out I really liked it! Much better than Diet Coke. ::yes:: Unfortunately, it wasn't available at AKV, so I had to drink DC.

Another fabulous but very very hot and humid day! :goodvibes

Last edited:
AWESOME so far! Love the pics and details. Things seem to be going well so far. Can't wait for more!

BTW, I still have to go through Day 2 - haven't read it yet, just skimmed - -but that lady has me mad!!!!! How dare she yell at you like that! I took a pic of the unicorn sign, too. It helped us find our spot at the end of the day!

GEESH!

Great installment :) You really spent a whole day at AK! I love the EMH at night there. It is so cool to see everything in a different way.

She was tired of being in the stroller so we just let her walk around. It was now EMH so it wasn't busy and she was happy!

2-40.jpg

Did someone pee-pee on Jasmine?:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter