Cash tipping--safe through GS?

heart4dis

Mouseketeer
I would like to give my tips with a thank you note in an envelope. Is it safe to leave those with Guest Services (will they get to the right people intact?) or should I present them in person?

Don't leave tips with Guest Services. For your servers, you would present them in person. For your stateroom attendant you can either present it in person or just leave it in the stateroom...we usually leave ours on the pillows on the bed. :)

give your tips to all in person. it gives it that MAGICal touch and they seem to enjoy it

Presenting the tips in person allows you an excellent opportunity to say "Thank You" to those people who work very hard to make your cruise experience a magic one!
:D

I agree about handing the gratuity in person. I made special "Thank You" cards to put our tips in, it just seemed to make it extra special handing our servers and room steward the cards ourselves.

Definately present them in person...most people do it the last night of the cruise at dinner. Works great!

...about settling tips through Guest Services the day before disembarking. I thought that was the protocol...

(Or maybe that was if you want to put the tips on a credit card or room charges and settle as one bill.)

Thanks for the replies.

heart4dis - yes, what you probably read was people charging tips to their onboard account through GS.

Basically, the night before disembarkation you will be left envelopes in your stateroom for everyone you are supposed to tip - you can either put cash in these envelopes, <i>or</i> you can go to GS and have them charge the tips to your account - at which point GS will print you some vouchers with the value of your tip on and you place these instead of the cash in your envelopes - then you just give them out as normal :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter