Carsland, I like you THIS much!

marcemc

I wouldn't be able to handle such fluffliness eith
We have finally seen CL and we absolutely love it. It's everything I thought it will be, our boys are super happy and riding RSR has been the highlight of our trip so far.

Thanks to my fellow Disers for all your tips & stories, they made a difference in our trip :goodvibes

We stil have 2 more days here ;)

I wish March was here already and then I would be you repeating the same words, I hope.!! :)

enjoy the rest of your trip.

Isn't it cute!?!? I went on Friday for the first time and I was blown away by the attention to detail. I loved how even though all those buildings are brand new, they painted them perfectly to look like old dirty garages. And I loved that the numbers in the boarding area of Radiator Springs Racers are manhole covers. And the technology inside of RSR is ridiculous (that's probably why it breaks down so often lol), but it really feels like you're driving down the street with cars talking to you!

I was so impressed in August... I was admittedly on the fence about it until I got there.... I LOVED IT!! You feel like your in a different place entirely... Especially at night!!!pixiedust:

Have a Blast!

We just got back from our first Disneyland trip from the 21st through the 30th. Everything there is amazing, especially Carsland. It was straight out of the movie. We can't wait to go back one day!

We will be there soon and I am so looking forward to spending loads of time in this area.

We'll be there in 3 days and I can't wait! I'm also bummed though, we didn't realize when we booked the trip that DS isn't tall enough for RSR. We're WDW'ers so it'll be a long time until we go again. :(

oooooh I am so excited to see this, we are leaving Australia in 5 sleeps and both DD and DS love the original cars movie.
I don't know if I will be looking at the set of Radiator Springs or wiping the tears from my eyes watching my children see it. pixiedust:

O-Jo said:
We'll be there in 3 days and I can't wait! I'm also bummed though, we didn't realize when we booked the trip that DS isn't tall enough for RSR. We're WDW'ers so it'll be a long time until we go again. :(

I used to be an attractions Cast Member at Disneyland, and I can tell you unless the child is obviously too small to ride, they're not measured:) I don't think your child will have a problem:)

I used to be an attractions Cast Member at Disneyland, and I can tell you unless the child is obviously too small to ride, they're not measured:) I don't think your child will have a problem:)

Oh wow, really??? DS is only 39"-39.5" depending on what time of day it is and what shoes he has on and we were going to completely skip this ride due to the heartbreak that would ensue if he couldn't go on it.

Do you think we should just try?

In cars land they are definitely measuring kids, more so than anywhere else in the park. One of my sons is just over 32" and every time he rode maters junkyard jamboree they measured him. I saw them measuring several kids in carsland so if he isn't tall enough I wouldn't risk the potential meltdown of not getting to ride.

We were at DLR 9/17-9/23 and thought CarsLand is amazing. Probably the best land Disney has ever created. It looks just like the movies. Not a detail missed.
As far as the CM’s measuring kids I think this is the one thing that stood out to us the most. They measured every child that was even close to the height. They would not allow any child that did not make the height. Some were missing by just a half inch or less. We saw two girls the CM worked with for several minutes to get them tall enough (you know telling them to stand up straight, telling them to stretch their necks etc). But the girls did not make it. They were crushed. So if you are in doubt I would not risk your child’s disappointment.

Hope you have a great trip. You may be converted to a DLR family.

I too, am looking forward to seeing Carsland. My sister and I will be flying out tomorrow evening and will be at the parks for a long, extended weekend. This will be my first trip to DLR and I can't wait! :yay:

OMG now i really can't wait to go bring on the 11th of October Carsland here we come:thumbsup2

We were going to try to ride it at night today (so far we have only done it in the mornings). We are heading out to DL first, since we have an extra magic hour there and later we will switch parks.

Wish us luck, 'cause we will be attempting this without any FP :scared:

Wow great to hear such wonderful things about Carsland. We are planning our first DL trip for July. Is it summer yet?;)

ummmm wrong!! Your child WILL be measured and likely more than once! I saw lots of kids being measured and our kids were measured until they were 9!

OP isn't it GREAT? It's now my place to be in DCA. I think I could just go and sit on Rt 66 and life would be a dream. ;)

Get your child platforms. ;)

I was there this past weekend and sadly, Radiator Springs broke down for like an hour towards the end of the night on Sunday. :( So I didn't get to go on it, but the land is SUPER cute. Got my cone drink. :)

pixiewings71 said:
ummmm wrong!! Your child WILL be measured and likely more than once! I saw lots of kids being measured and our kids were measured until they were 9!

OP isn't it GREAT? It's now my place to be in DCA. I think I could just go and sit on Rt 66 and life would be a dream. ;)

Why are you yelling?

For the most part, kids are not measured at DL.

viaggiamo said:
Oh wow, really??? DS is only 39"-39.5" depending on what time of day it is and what shoes he has on and we were going to completely skip this ride due to the heartbreak that would ensue if he couldn't go on it.

Do you think we should just try?

I'd still try, though everyone is saying they're measuring everyone in Cars Land. Must be different in Cars Land, as I never once measured a kid as a CM. Not to mention the tiny tots that are always on Space and Thunder. You won't know unless you try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter