Cars Land and Buena Vista St. in DCA open on June 15th - new info added 5-10-12

Has there been any speculation as to whether DCA will at some point have a "Magic Morning" entry an hour earlier than their regular opening time? If they did that would probably change the fact that they open earlier than their stated opening time. And I wonder if their opening early will continue with their grand opening this summer? So many questions we will have to wait to find the answers to! I'm getting excited about this summer!

Has there been any speculation as to whether DCA will at some point have a "Magic Morning" entry an hour earlier than their regular opening time? If they did that would probably change the fact that they open earlier than their stated opening time. And I wonder if their opening early will continue with their grand opening this summer? So many questions we will have to wait to find the answers to! I'm getting excited about this summer!

Has there? There has been plenty.

The only sign that it will is when the new turnstyles were installed. The signs above the tunrstyle that rotate and state on a couple sides, Enter and Exit, also have a Magic Morning Side.

I can't find the link now, but a month or two ago I read that LFT will have a capacity of about 500 per hour and MJJ will handle about 800. Sort of like Tea Cups and Dumbo.

Using a load unload cylce from Test Track at WDW at 20 seconds, dispatching two cars of 12 passengers total on RSR equates to a RSR capactiy of 2160 riders per hour.

On the height requirement for RSR - I called DL today to purchase an AP, and mentioned to the CM that I was hoping my 3 year old will grow a couple of inches so he's tall enough to ride it in September when we go - she said if he is under the height (she didn't specify but I assume 40 inches) he can still ride with an adult. I'm really hoping this is correct!

On the height requirement for RSR - I called DL today to purchase an AP, and mentioned to the CM that I was hoping my 3 year old will grow a couple of inches so he's tall enough to ride it in September when we go - she said if he is under the height (she didn't specify but I assume 40 inches) he can still ride with an adult. I'm really hoping this is correct!

I've seen that on several rides, so maybe it's good info for this one. The little girl in the story above was on the ride with her 8 year old brother, had there been an adult with her I'm sure that wouldn't have happened. Good luck!

The only sign that it will is when the new turnstyles were installed. The signs above the tunrstyle that rotate and state on a couple sides, Enter and Exit, also have a Magic Morning Side.
Ooooh, kewl. I had of course heard the DCA MM rumor but I had not heard that about the signage. Praytell did you see this yourself or read about it somewhere? :goodvibes

On the height requirement for RSR - I called DL today - she said if he is under the height (she didn't specify but I assume 40 inches) he can still ride with an adult. I'm really hoping this is correct!

In regards to RSR I have sincere doubts that is correct. While a few rides have two height minimums I don't think this will be on any of the CL attractions and the least likely on RSR. Don't get yours or his hopes up.

Ooooh, kewl. I had of course heard the DCA MM rumor but I had not heard that about the signage. Praytell did you see this yourself or read about it somewhere? :goodvibes

I can't recall where I saw it of course the "new" turnstyles are getting old and this was when they were brand new. It was not in a TR, but in a weekly report, so possibly Mint Crocodile though possibly maybe another of the half dozen people that do them that I look at now and then.

Sorry, I just have to say, this is a BAD idea. They have height requirements on rides for a reason. Granted they do normally err on the side of caution when determining them, but don't you want that when it concerns the safety of your child? Even if it were just an inch or two and not 7 inches, it would still not be a good idea. Very recently a 3 year old girl was thrown from a ride for which she was deemed tall enough, she slipped under the lap bar and was thrown from 8 feet in the air. Thankfully she wasn't seriously injured, but I'm not willing to risk even a mild concussion for my kid just to get them on a theme park ride.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlin...l-thrown-from-carnival-ride-at-houston-rodeo/

This may have been a joke, but just for people who might think this is a possibility to get their kid on that ride that he really wants to enjoy, it's not worth the risk. Make another trip when your kid is taller.
Me, joking yes you overreacting, very much so.

An aerial picture of Carsland has been posted on micechat. It appears the picture was taken on 3/22/12.

That is a nice shot, and a good time too now that eveything is in place and being finished up compared to older satellite pictures.

IMG_6962.JPG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!