Carrying Key to the World??

JJsmama

WDW addict
Isn't that what the stateroom key/ charge card is called? Key to the World? ANyway, do you have to carry it all the time and if so, how do you carry it and not lose it? My swimsuit and coverup, etc won't have pockets. Do they have holes in them to put a badge clip on it? Suggestions?

We used our lanyards to carry out KTTW card in.

Wow.. Iwas just going to ask this same question- I have 2 teenagers that want to wear one of the those curly braceletsand punch a hole in the card and wear it that way?? Is that allowed? Someone told be that you can not punch holes in the cards they will not work- I am assuming I would not punch the magnetic strip part... Has anyone punched holes or just in the pouches on ledyards?
3 weeks and counting:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I think if a card has a hole punched in it, it means that charging privileges have been removed (which I would do for my teens anyway lol!). Even if you didn't punch through the magnetic strip a CM might regard the card as not valid for charging.

We went to Walmart in Orlando (John Young Parkway & Sand Lake Rd) and purchased lanyards for $2. They had a Disney character on the front and held our Keys plus photo id for getting on and off the ship. We were so glad we did!

How does a lanyard work? Is it the plastic case you slide the card into? Does it hang on a cord? I'm not familiar with them.

Originally posted by JJsmama
How does a lanyard work? Is it the plastic case you slide the card into? Does it hang on a cord? I'm not familiar with them.

Here is a photo of our group as we were waiting for the water taxi in St. Maarten. We received these lanyards from the DVC, we stored our KTTW cards and photo ID cards in the plastic sleeve at the bottom of the lanyard.
August%2023-30,%202003%20DCL%20Cruise%20photos%20227.jpg

I love your Mickeyhead buttons you have on your lanyards, Andy.

Very cool looking.

Originally posted by Cruisin'Kroezes
I love your Mickeyhead buttons you have on your lanyards, Andy.

Very cool looking.

Thanks, this were the lime green DIS name tags I made for my family.

We use water wallets that we brought from home. They sell them at the DIS shop here as well. They go into the water with us and have always kept our KTTW safe and dry!

Veranndah man...I love your lanyards ! Did you get them at the dis meeting on the ship ? As DVC members we'd love to get them.BTW I loved the picture...looks like a FUN group !!

Originally posted by magic cruiser
Veranndah man...I love your lanyards ! Did you get them at the dis meeting on the ship ? As DVC members we'd love to get them.BTW I loved the picture...looks like a FUN group !!

We got the lanyards at the DVC meeting on the ship Sunday morning. We had such a blast on our "FIRST" of hopefully "MANY" Disney cruises!!!

Actually, now that I think of it, we had two in our cabin because we were DVC Members, then we picked a few extra up at the meeting for the rest of my family.

The lanyard come in very handy. Even at the ports it was great to have our photo ID and key to the world card all together.
My aunt found at least 5 card that children had lost. The person's birth year is on the corner. Don't worry, if you lose your card they issue new ones. She just turned them into guest services. Lanyards would probably help cards from being lost.

chrissy

I visited the DVC "desk" and mentioned that we had not booked on points and could we get "invites" and more info to the DVC member meeting on board...she asked how many in my party and gave us 4 lanyards, because those had the meeting times on them. I love them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter