Carry On baggage to undergo tougher screening

As one who's had my carryon personally searched, I think this is sadly not the way to go. I've had an unopened can of soup confiscated, a jar of blueberry preserves, and a painted rock from my Mother's church that said "God loves you", all taken away. Possible threats? I don't think so.

Um you do know that soup & preserves are actually liquids? So unless under 3oz - yup not allowed. Rock - weapon. Filed under you don't mean me.

We fly out of Sky Harbor and have had to open our bag for apples and other odd shaped things.
Also last time we left, a lot of people were asked to remove all food. TSA told us they were trying it and up to the agent. We didn't get asked to do that.

I tend to pack a lot of food items in carry on so they don't get squished, so we'll see what happens

Just went through TSA with only a personal bag and a coat. Had pre TSA check and was still patted down shoes removed and hands checked for explosives and sent through the body scanner. I'm at an airport that is not on that list.

Were you dressed like the Penguin?

16691319621_9438db05ed_o.jpg

Actually, my umbrella is a small Disney cruise umbrella that doesn't have a pointy top.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter