Carrot cake cookie-how is it?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I used to love the carrot cake cookie-that is, until I had one in 2021 that was horrible! The frosting, instead of being sweet, was gummy and flavorless. Even as I threw it away, I couldn't believe I was doing it. I haven't had one since, but I was wondering if it improved, hopefully as yummy as its pre-pandemic days. Has it?

We've only had one and it was last summer. We got it from the Starbucks at HS. I would say the cake was moist and good, but the icing inside was overly sweet to us. We shared it as a group of 5. It was a one and done. I never had the older version so don't know how it compares.

I tried one this weekend for the first time. Gummy is the exact right word to describe the frosting. It was a big disappointment!

I tried one this weekend for the first time. Gummy is the exact right word to describe the frosting. It was a big disappointment!
Thanks for the info. So sad-sounds like the "good ole' days" of the carrot cake cookie are long gone.

How the heck is the frosting ending up gummy? Is it supposed to be Vegan or something? Cream cheese icing has exactly 4 ingredients: butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, vanilla.

The one I had last year the icing felt like I was biting into itty bitty rocks it was so gritty, I swear I could even hear it grinding on my teeth! I froze mid bite and had to throw it all away. 😭

I used to love the carrot cake cookie-that is, until I had one in 2021 that was horrible! The frosting, instead of being sweet, was gummy and flavorless. Even as I threw it away, I couldn't believe I was doing it. I haven't had one since, but I was wondering if it improved, hopefully as yummy as its pre-pandemic days. Has it?
Sadly, it’s terrible. It has never recovered from the weird inverted cupcake think it turned into. The old days where it was like a big carrot cake whoopie pie filled the best cream cheese frosting are gone, likely forever.

They changed the recipe directly in the middle of my trip a couple-ish years ago. One day it was fabulous, and now it’s not worth the money or calories. Such a shame, because the original was AMAZING.

It was years ago when I had one. Tried it because of all the chatter about it. I didn't care for it. It was a one and done for me.

The carrot cake cookie was always a must do for us from The Writers Shop. But sadly it is gone. Sometimes Disney should just leave things alone when they are wonderful! As 29 year veterans of Disney World and 15 year Florida AP holders it is sad that so many things we loved are gone. There is still enough things we love that we are not ready to call it quits on WDW.

It was years ago when I had one. Tried it because of all the chatter about it. I didn't care for it. It was a one and done for me.

Same for me. I think it was 2016 when I tried one. I love carrot cake and based on all the glowing reviews of the carrot cake cookie on this and other message boards, I decided to try one. I didn't even eat half of it. I was not impressed at all.

I finally had one after the writer’s stop closed years ago and it was just Meh. :(

Not a carrot cake fan, but the previous one was so much better. The current version is terrible.

Order more than 1, you won't regret it. Pro tip order in the morning and let it warm up as you travel around the park and even better. Gingerbread salted caramel buttercream cookie sandwich is probably #1 cookie at all the parks though.

My wife makes a fabulous carrot cake so the cookie was always a pale imitation.

We had it for the first time today and enjoyed it. We had nothing to compare it to, though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter