Carriage ride at POR

mla2177

DIS Veteran
Hi. I am staying at POR Nov 11th-16th, and just found out about the carriage rides there. It is something I am interested in doing, but have a pretty full schedule already and only have our arrival day open. I have to change flights and will be with my 4 yr old and 5 month old and not quite sure how exhausted I will be. Anyway, is the carriage ride something I can do at the last minute, or can I sign up when I get there? Does it book up quickly? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Hi...

This is from the main DIS page with resort info:

"The Horse Drawn Carriage ride is a great way to see the property at night and they are available from 6:00 pm to 9:30 pm. It is a 30 minute ride for $35.00 and the carriage holds 2 – 4 adults or 2 adults and 3 children. For advanced reservations call 407-WDW-PLAY (939-7529) and for same day reservations call 407-824-2832 (walk-ups may be available). We scheduled our ride for 7:00pm on the second night of our stay. It had been raining off and on for most of the day, so we were afraid the ride might be canceled, but our driver, Laurie, arrived right on time and picked us up at the Marina. It was a white, covered carriage pulled by a 12 year old, 1300 pound Clydesdale named Prince Charming. We rode along the Magnolia Bend path, made our way over to Port Orleans French Quarter, and then headed back to Riverside using the pathway along the Sassagoula River."

We've never done it but I always want to! We stay at POR and watching the carriage go around at night under the lights is really neat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!