Carlye Wiesel/Very Amusing Podcast starting a month of “Guides to” with Disneyland!

BroadwayHermione5

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

Wanted to pop on here and say yesterday I listened to Carlye Wiesel’s Very Amusing and it kicks off a month of “Guides to” for various parks and resorts. Found it very informative given my upcoming trip at the end of the month!

Carlye is sometimes seen with and mentioned by Craig and Ryno and she always has great content!

Happy planning!

BH5

yeah I follow her on Twitter...she has a little more access than say Fresh Baked (though he's been getting invites to official things lately through Getaway today)

I was listening to that yesterday and noticed one thing that I'm not sure was accurate. She said if you have a park hopper and show up after 1pm, you can start in either park. I thought that only applied to passholders, not regular ticket guests. Did it change?

I was listening to that yesterday and noticed one thing that I'm not sure was accurate. She said if you have a park hopper and show up after 1pm, you can start in either park. I thought that only applied to passholders, not regular ticket guests. Did it change?
The hoppers I currently have say enter either park if you arrive after 1pm, so it did change.

Good to know about this for passholders! I wasn't aware that had changed and will be nice to use it during D23 weekend since I'll probably just be heading into the parks afternoon/evenings.

I have tried so hard to like her.... she has so much access to the parks and Disney news but after following her for a long time I found her content kinda irritating me.. lol. But I have been looking for good disneyland specific podcast.
I’ll be honest it took me a while to get used to her in podcast form because she does tend to speak a little faster (I don’t mind that on social media as much). That’s also slightly on me because I like to speed up my podcasts a bit. I always did like her writing and Instagram updates and her and Brooke Geiger McDonald have been really great assets to my Disney info that I wouldn’t have gotten if it weren’t for them getting to know Craig and Ryno.

I have tried so hard to like her.... she has so much access to the parks and Disney news but after following her for a long time I found her content kinda irritating me.. lol. But I have been looking for good disneyland specific podcast.

I have to agree somewhat. I've skipped over several recent podcasts that are just not on topics I have any interest in. To be fair, it's not solely a Disney podcast, although I'd say it's "Disney adjacent."

Her style of speaking also kind of bugged me for the longest time and I couldn't put my finger on it, until I realized it sounds like she types out her podcast and reads it. It sounds like a written article, and that doesn't translate too well to podcast form. I prefer more casual podcasts where people speak off the cuff. Carlye uses a lot of phrases/conjunctions that people NEVER use in conversations, like "you see", "that is," "now,..."

She is a journalist, after all, so I understand why she does this. But I think it also leads to the cadence being too fast and it all sounding a bit too scripted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter