Carlsbad hotel near legoland

Discussion in 'Southern California Theme Parks' started by Glynis4, Feb 1, 2019.

1. Glynis4

Glynis4 Mouseketeer

We need a hotel for 2 nights while visiting legoland. On a budget, but must be clean and preferably include breakfast. A quick search turned up Hampton inn Carlsbad & La Quinta inn & suites. Am I on the right track, or are there better options? Thanks!

2. theluckyrabbit

theluckyrabbit Moderator Moderator

Our friends stayed at the Hampton -- they said it was fine. I think it's near the outlets, which was a total plus for them!

Glynis4 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. GatorChris

GatorChris Not of This World

If you're going in the summer, those will do. But if you go any other time that's not an official kid's vacation time, you can stay at a LEGOLAND Hotel for the same price, usually.

Glynis4 likes this.
  5. Glynis4

Glynis4 Mouseketeer

We will be there Veterans Day weekend. I can get the above 2 hotels for $122-$130/night. Legoland hotel is looking more like $345/night :worried:. It really is crazy how much their prices fluctuate. Mid week is more like $175. It would really mess up our Disneyland plan to go to legoland mid week though :(

6. agamble

agamble DIS Veteran

I ended up booking the LEGOland hotel for summer because neighboring hotels were so expensive. I was really missing all the cheap hotel optins around Disneyland. I think $130 sounds good. I couldn't find anything that sleeps 2 adults and 3 kids for less than 250 in June.

Glynis4 likes this.
  7. Glynis4

Glynis4 Mouseketeer

I booked the Hampton for $114/night! I would LOVE to stay at the legoland hotel, but it’s just not in the budget this trip. I feel we have a few more years before my kids would “outgrow” the hotel, so hopefully it will happen one day!

8. mentos

mentos Minty fresh happy haunts

I've stayed at Hampton, it was exceedingly clean and nice (and free breakfast I didn't partake in). Lots of reasonable food options nearby. $114 is a good price! I think I paid $103, booked through Hotels.com so it counts for their buy 10/get 1 free thing.

Glynis4 likes this.