Caring for Giants age

Raven01

Proud Momma to DD
I like the idea of doing this tour, but I noticed that the minimum age is 4.

If for some reason I set a trip a couple of months before my daughter's 4th birthday, is there any leeway on that? I am guessing no (that's a slippery slope), but wanted to check.

If not, if we start a trip and she turns 4 during the trip, would that be okay?

I have never done a tour like this, but I will not do if if my daughter cannot participate.

Thanks!

I'm in the same boat, we're literally there a month before her 4th birthday...I toyed with aging her up in MDE but I'll just wait until the next trip.

Usually the age limitation is based on insurance requirements. If for some reason your daughter gets hurt while on the tour, you would be responsible, not Disney.

We did this tour last year and loved it! While it's a wonderful tour I'm guessing you and your child would enjoy it more if you were able to wait a bit. It is mainly talking and a lot of great info to learn but an hour of standing, listening to talking and seeing elephants at a distance may not be entertaining for many 3yos and you might spend more time trying to quietly find things to occupy them.

Just my .02.

We did this tour last year and loved it! While it's a wonderful tour I'm guessing you and your child would enjoy it more if you were able to wait a bit. It is mainly talking and a lot of great info to learn but an hour of standing, listening to talking and seeing elephants at a distance may not be entertaining for many 3yos and you might spend more time trying to quietly find things to occupy them.

Just my .02.
I agree with that. We did the tour with my 6 year old at the time and he loved it, he's an animal lover. But for this trip coming up we're considering the Rhino one and thought about our 3 year old, and I honestly think he wouldn't be great on the tour. its a lot of listening, you see the animals, but most of it is effectively you're standing in front of a zoo exhibit while someone discusses how the animals are cared for. its great, don't get me wrong, but it does requrie an attention span for 45 min

It is a lot of talking-very interesting, but I am not sure even a four year old would get a lot out of it.

Good to know. I figured they would not bend on the age thing for liability reasons, but if it's too much talking for a 4 year old we'll pass anyway. I'll wait until she is older and just blow the budget at BBB!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter