Caribean Beach or French Quarter end of May?

firstwdw

DIS Veteran
Really wanted to stay deluxe but the price is just so high. Deciding now between French Quarter and Caribbean Beach. Love the skyliner and overall feel at Caribbean plus food options nearby at Riviera and multiple pools. Not sure about all that walking in the heat at the resort and Trinidad is so far from everything. Love the small, easy to navigate POFQ but just one pool and only bus transfers -Disney Springs boat hasn't been running so that's not guartateed in May. Will likey also visit a water park. We will take mid-day breaks at the resort. 2 adults and an 18 year old "child" for a week in late May 2025.

I woukd go with CBR. Skyline and proximity to Riviera is do nice. CBR has a great pool and we love Banana Cabana. You can book a preferrred room or request not to be in Trinidad. We usually always stay deluxe but if we don’t CBR is our top pick

We have literally just come back from a two week stay at CBR. It was great. The resort is beautiful, grounds, pools (we used Aruba quiet pool) and cast members are great. Of course, the skyliner is super convenient and fun to use.

Riviera Resort was great too. Really good quick service and bar.

The only thing against it, as far as I’m concerned, is the room we had. It was in building 52 and was most definitely in need of being completely renovated. It had had a refresh; painted walls, painted tiles, raised bed and no carpet, but was definitely not up to Disney standard.

We have also stayed in a number of deluxe resorts, the only other moderate was Coronado Springs which had great rooms. Although we had a great time, I would not stay in CBR again until all the rooms had been renovated.

I would probably opt for CBR because of the proximity to the RR (a lovely resort to check out with some great dining options) and of course the Skyliner is fun. I understand though from folks I know that have stayed there that it is overdue for a renovation/refurb. I love the POR/POFQ resorts, but the boats to DS weren’t running on our recent stay at OKW and, while understandable, it was disappointing. It is always convenient when your resort has more than one transportation option.

We have literally just come back from a two week stay at CBR. It was great. The resort is beautiful, grounds, pools (we used Aruba quiet pool) and cast members are great. Of course, the skyliner is super convenient and fun to use.

Riviera Resort was great too. Really good quick service and bar.

The only thing against it, as far as I’m concerned, is the room we had. It was in building 52 and was most definitely in need of being completely renovated. It had had a refresh; painted walls, painted tiles, raised bed and no carpet, but was definitely not up to Disney standard.

We have also stayed in a number of deluxe resorts, the only other moderate was Coronado Springs which had great rooms. Although we had a great time, I would not stay in CBR again until all the rooms had been renovated.
The rooms are what are holding me back. They were just all refreshed but I haven't read positive reports since the refresh.

I’m having this same dilemma for next May! I keep thinking the POFQ pool seems a bit babyish for my teen and there’s only 1 pool (yes could walk to POR). POFQ rooms are getting renovated right now so waiting to see ok that too. The rooms at CBR seem run down with the older loud AC units too, plus no arcade (which my son would like). Multiple pools though and skyliner access, although maybe walking far and it could be hot. Hard to decide!

I’m having this same dilemma for next May! I keep thinking the POFQ pool seems a bit babyish for my teen and there’s only 1 pool (yes could walk to POR). POFQ rooms are getting renovated right now so waiting to see ok that too. The rooms at CBR seem run down with the older loud AC units too, plus no arcade (which my son would like). Multiple pools though and skyliner access, although maybe walking far and it could be hot. Hard to decide!
Oh yes, we are having the exact same dilemma!! I forgot about the arcade. But I did think about possibly walking longer in hot sun at CBR. We have stayed at both but haven't stayed at POFQ since he was little. I think the AC units at CBR are worse than POFQ but both have the loud, under the window units. Disappointing that they didn't do a decent job with the CBR room refresh. Mine likes the ping pong, volleyball on the beach and seeing fireworks from CBR. It's really the old rooms, place swarming with little kids because of the 5th sleepers and the longer walks for CBR that I'm not sure about. Over at POFQ, it's the babyish pool & all buses and just having a food court for food that are the cons. Walking to Riverside for the pool in the hot weather probably won't happen!

Oh yes, we are having the exact same dilemma!! I forgot about the arcade. But I did think about possibly walking longer in hot sun at CBR. We have stayed at both but haven't stayed at POFQ since he was little. I think the AC units at CBR are worse than POFQ but both have the loud, under the window units. Disappointing that they didn't do a decent job with the CBR room refresh. Mine likes the ping pong, volleyball on the beach and seeing fireworks from CBR. It's really the old rooms, place swarming with little kids because of the 5th sleepers and the longer walks for CBR that I'm not sure about. Over at POFQ, it's the babyish pool & all buses and just having a food court for food that are the cons. Walking to Riverside for the pool in the hot weather probably won't happen!
Yeah I’m hoping maybe they will get rid of the old window AC unit with the POFQ refurb. Guess we will see when they finish some of the rooms!

Oh shoot, do we know they for sure? I thought it was a total refurb of those rooms so was hoping might end up more like CSR but with the Murphy beds.
They are not changing the AC. Other than that, I don't know.

Decided on CBR for teen. More pools, more food options, easier transportation to get to other resorts and 2 parks. Seems like the old AC units are a pain at both CBR and POFQ. I suppose if the new rooms at French Quarter are amazing then I'll try to switch. I just hope the longer walks in May sun/rain is doable at Caribbean.

We stayed at CBR at the end of April into May of this year. In the Jamaica block 46. The resort was fantastic, nothing like watching Fireworks from the pool after a long park day at another park. Kids loved it, we rebooked for May of 25 with a very good bounce back deal. The benefits of the skyliner are also a huge sell for this resort.

We stayed at CBR at the end of April into May of this year. In the Jamaica block 46. The resort was fantastic, nothing like watching Fireworks from the pool after a long park day at another park. Kids loved it, we rebooked for May of 25 with a very good bounce back deal. The benefits of the skyliner are also a huge sell for this resort.
So great to hear!!! Thanks for sharing!

Decided on CBR for teen. More pools, more food options, easier transportation to get to other resorts and 2 parks. Seems like the old AC units are a pain at both CBR and POFQ. I suppose if the new rooms at French Quarter are amazing then I'll try to switch. I just hope the longer walks in May sun/rain is doable at Caribbean.
Excellent choice!

You won’t be walking long anywhere… only really ‘bad’ section is Trinidad 37-38-39. If you are very concerned book preferred and request Barbados. There are so many bus stops and two skyliner stations and multiple restaurants.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter