Caribbean Beach Resort

Discussion in 'Resorts Community Board' started by Boolar, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Boolar

Boolar Earning My Ears

Looking to do a last minute trip for next month, wondering why CBR is so cheap compared to value resorts. Is there sonstruction, or just a lot of rooms leftover?

2. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

What do you mean by cheap compared to the values? What site are you on and what are the costs?

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  3. mickeygirl78

mickeygirl78 DIS Veteran

I was just at CBR in September for two weeks. There was no construction. It's a great resort and I would highly recommend it over a value.

4. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  5. ConnecticutNonna

ConnecticutNonna DIS Veteran

CBR has been completely refurbed including rooms and pools! It's a beautiful resort, quiet, relaxing, but with a lot of pool activities for the youngsters!

6. 5olearys

5olearys Mouseketeer

I know that Caribbean Beach resort is inexpensive for a group of five people compared to the price of the family suites at the values. However, he definitely get less space in a five person room at Caribbean Beach, then you would in a value family suite. But for a group of four or fewer people, the values should still be less expensive.

7. MamaJessie

MamaJessie DIS Veteran

When I priced out POR and CBR, CBR was about 20/night cheaper. Not a huge savings but I am guessing it is because of the size of the resort? Maybe just the least popular mod?

8. maxiesmom

maxiesmom The Mean Squinty Eye Works

Probably. POR seems to book up quicker.

9. WildGrits

WildGrits DIS Veteran

I think it is the walking distance to things. I have heard that as a main complaint. Personally it is still my fav resort.

ConnecticutNonna likes this.
  10. Jaxbelle

Jaxbelle Earning My Ears

POR has the boat transportation to Disney Springs. I always assumed that was the reason for the slight price difference.