Caribbean Beach Resort or Port Orleans French Quarter?

alanandline

Mouseketeer
So looking at booking next week for next August for 16 or 17 nights, but undecided between Caribbean Beach Resort and Port Orleans French Quarter.

We will be upgrading the free quick service to regular dining plan.

Pro’s and con’s as I see them:

Caribbean Beach Resort - Skyway. This really to me is the game changer for the resort. Enabling simple travel to Epcot and HS means that on technically non park days where say been to water park we can still use Skyway to get to either of these parks for a restaurant choice. Of course likely to use e FPs selections whilst there too, seems daft not to. Last time we went we were at OKW and used the boat for then DTD, but to be honest we prefer the park restaurants. The downside is the vast size of the resort, it that OKW was small.

Port Orleans French Quarter - compact resort so easier to get to a bus, however whilst this is the case I’m sure too there will be less buses in peak times as they cater for how many guests are at the resort. But whilst got boat to DS to parks seems longer by bus, but I don’t really know if this is right.

Of course you will not have actual experience on Skyway but will be making same guesses I am woukd be interested to hear your thoughts.

Cheers

Alan

You sound like you've already decided! Caribbean Beach will also be cheaper. I imagine the decision is between a busy or a quieter resort. OKW is very calm and if you're looking for something similar Port Orleans will fit the bill.

POFQ all the way. I've stayed at both and absolutely love POFQ but really dislike CBR although I know this is personal taste.

POFQ is so relaxing, lovely grounds, the food court is never too busy. The boat to Disney Springs is excellent and the buses were always good too.

CBR is far busier, the buses were a nightmare, dropping off at each island and the food court was always mega busy. I don't know how the skyliner will impact on the transportation but I can imagine it will still be busy.

I’ve stayed at both. POFQ hands down. Friendly, small, beautiful resort. CBR is the least favourite resort that I’ve stayed at, personally. So, so spread out. I have no interest in the gondolas to be honest, maybe if I did I would reconsider it.

Having stayed at both we prefer POFQ for the smaller size of the resort, better transportation and boat to DS. That said, I think the skyliner will be a great addition to CBR and we’d definitely stay there again if the price was right.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter