Car Service from MCO International Arrivals

jenna1212

Earning My Ears
I was looking for a car service for a group of 6 from MCO to a Disney World resort. I managed to booked Mears for the return but they didn't have any availability for the arrival day. When I started researching other options I found that several companies were charging an extra fee for "international arrivals". Has this been your experience? Any recommendations for a car service that does not charge this fee? So far Mears is the only one.

I was looking for a car service for a group of 6 from MCO to a Disney World resort. I managed to booked Mears for the return but they didn't have any availability for the arrival day. When I started researching other options I found that several companies were charging an extra fee for "international arrivals". Has this been your experience? Any recommendations for a car service that does not charge this fee? So far Mears is the only one.
I don't recall anyone ever posting here about an extra fee for international arrivals.

Maybe it's a new thing. Or maybe it's an old thing but nobody ever happened to mention it.

I agree with PP's list of the towncar services which are mentioned most often here.

You might want to edit your subject line to indicate that your question is about international arrivals. There are so many towncar posts here, somebody who happens to know the answer might not bother reading your thread.

We're Canadian. We've been using Tiffany (and Access Line as a back-up) for many many years (most recently in March). Never been charged a fee for international arrivals (which would be odd since we come in to the same baggage claim areas as U.S. domestic flights at MCO, which is where they greet us).

What time does your flight arrive OP? Tiffany does have an extra charge for overnight hours. Maybe that’s what you’re seeing & not a specific international arrival fee.

So here's an example: Happy Limo. If I put in all of the arrival/pick up information from MCO there's a box that appears within the booking screen that says "The rate does not include charges for misc items for example child seats, extra stops, early or late fees, international arrivals, gratuities etc."
Town Car Now adds in "Optional international arrivals customs clearning wait time (required for all international flights clearing customs upon arrival, includes up to 2 hours of wait time to clear customs) ($50.00)".

I had never seen this before so I was wondering if that was the norm.
I ended up booking with Mears and they didn't have any such charge that I could see.

We don’t charge extra with Mears, despite the fact that sometimes we wait 2+ hours for international flights.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter