Car Seat Storage?

KaystotheKingdom

Mouseketeer
Hey all- hoping to get on our first cruise in July (second try- we made it all the way to the port in April and one of my kids tested positive so it was a no go!)

We have a few days at Disney World planned for after the cruise, but the rental car situation is a little dire. We have a reservation, but the company does not have car seats available.

Long story short- if we bring our car seats from home can they be stored somewhere for the cruise that is not in the room? I know space is limited and these things just take up more space than I’d like.

Thanks in advance!

You can ask your room steward, but I don’t think there are additional storage facilities. We always kept our car seat in the closet when we carried it onboard.

We’re in the same boat for our cruise later this fall. I’ve been told that we have to store them in our room, on the closet floor or under the bed. We’ll have two seats so we are planning to stack them in the closet.

we fit ours in the corner against the closet (so not IN the closet, but the corner that’s formed where the jut out closet meets the wall). It wasn’t in the way at all there.

We're in the same boat, so to speak. Going to have to store 2 car seats during the cruise. I was hoping we could find some kind of storage solution at Port Canaveral but so far my searching hasn't yielding anything promising. There's some posts way back in 2007 and 2008 where room stewards found some place to keep them during the cruise, but of course that information in ancient news now. If anyone finds a better solution than stacking them in the room, I would love to hear it!

Are your kids old enough for boosters? Check Florida car seat laws. With a queen bed, you could fit quite a lot underneath.
Besides that, car rentals charge for daily car seat rentals. It might even be cheaper to buy cheapo ones from Walmart then worry about storing them, depending on the length of your rental.

Thanks Carohs! My kids will be age 4 and just 2 months shy of age 3 at the time of travel. We put them in car seats to the airport, on the airplane, and in the shuttle (tentatively planning to use the Cocoa Beach Shuttle service) from the airport. And then again in reverse on the way home. I think they will be to little for the straight up boosters for this trip.

Since my post above, however, I did learn from a friend about the "Bounce" luggage storage service. They have lots of locations, many of which are UPS Store locations. One of them is the UPS Store just a mile from the Disney terminal #8. So I am thinking of using that to store the car seats, at a cost of about $50 for the 4 night cruise. Reviews of the location are mostly positive and the hours seem to work. Would love to hear about anyone else's experience with this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter