Car seat for mde?

Kt75

Mouseketeer
my 5 year DD is very petite, how does MDE handle transport for kids still needing car seats? I saw if we are at the resorts etc, if we need taxi or uber, how is that possible too with her?

We are already thinking to do car service from home to airport and back, and will need to check if they can provide the seat for those rides. I rather not pack a car seat if not needed since we will have no car but worried on safety

You can not use a car seat on MDE as they are treated as buses not cars. There is no car seat lock down and any car seat you bring with you will be put under the bus.

You can use Uber Family in WDW and the car will provide one car seat. You can also request a taxi with a car seat (we've only requested taxis with boosters as I really didn't trust the car seats in the taxis), but be prepared to wait for the car as not all taxis have car seats or boosters. I found, when my DS was younger and still needed a car seat or booster, it was simply easier to take Disney transportation as it took just as long to wait for a car with a booster as it did for the bus.

We took MDE from the airport and they had seatbelts on the bus that i used for my kids.

If you want to do a car service, I recommend Mears. We used them to go from Disney to seaworld and the service was great. I was able to request a car seat and booster seat. The driver was always on time and the car was spotless.

MDE does not allow carseats. Uber has an Uber family in Orlando that will provide you 1 forward facing carseat w/harness. You could also look into a bubblebum, it's an inflatable booster seat that is allowed when they are 4+ (if you are comfortable with it) but does use the seatbelt and not a harness.

When my older daughter was 5, we took a backless booster for her to use in the car service on the way to the airport. Then we just put it in the carrying bag from my little one's car seat (which we used on the airplane) and took it as one of our carry on bags. We didn't use it other than that but I liked knowing we had it in case we needed to take a car while in Orlando. She was still using a 5-pt harness seat for every day driving at that point, but the backless booster was fine for the short drive to the airport.

MDE does not allow carseats. Uber has an Uber family in Orlando that will provide you 1 forward facing carseat w/harness. You could also look into a bubblebum, it's an inflatable booster seat that is allowed when they are 4+ (if you are comfortable with it) but does use the seatbelt and not a harness.

We used the Bubble Bum all over WDW in Ubers and it was great. It's a belt-positioning booster, not a protective car seat, but it was enough for our purposes.

No problemo, we have 3 also and use them all the time. They are so handy to have in a backpack, purse, daybag etc... Hope they work out! We got ours during their development prior to major release and have loved them, from a space saving perspective they are awesome, and being accredited by all the major organizations in Europe for safety is also a huge huge deal. Have fun with them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter