Car Rental with DVC

Tiberella626

Mouseketeer
We will be closing this week on our first contract!!!! I was wondering if DVC has any function to book packages with a points reservation? Specifically car rental. I was poking about today on the cash side and noticed I could book through Alamo for less than I could through Costco. Anyone have any experience with this?

I am not expecting to use points, but I have heard others say you can add tickets and Dining plan when it was available. Just wondering if anyone had ever added a car. With DME gone and car rental prices out of control I am looking at every angle.

Many, many years ago DVC would book airfares and car rentals for you. That was back before everyone had cell phones and internet access, and yu had to actually call member services for room reservations. As more people got internet service and started booking their own flights and cars, they started just giving a car rental discount code, and now they really don't do anything.

With Magical Express ending, I'll likely use the Mears Connect, if the prices are reasonable, and depending upon how many are in my traveling party. I wonder if Disney will allow Mears to scan magic bands to let the resorts know we are en route?

It sounds like what you are looking for is a DVC discount. To the best of my knowledge, there isn't a DVC discount available for car rentals (it would surprise me if there was, Disney's been actively discouraging cars on property)

And you can't add tickets unless you are getting a annual pass with the discount or DVC has some other ticket special they are running (which has been REALLY rare). Its best not to think in terms of "packages" with DVC - you get a room, they offer the ability to add the dining plan (when it is available again) and a voucher for a discounted AP (when its available again) - but it isn't bundled as a package.

There are a list of discounts available - but they are Disney discounts - dining on property, merchandise, events and tours.

As others have said, you can't create a "package" with DVC resort reservations. You can buy tickets via MDE and they'll automatically link to your MDE account, or you can buy them from an authorized reseller at a discount and link them yourself - they'll work the same way in either case. When the Dining Plan comes back, you'll probably be able to buy it via DVC, assuming it works the same way it did prepandemic, but that's probably the only thing that would work as a sort-of package with your DVC resort reservation. No car rentals via DVC.

You used to be able to get a discount at Alamo with a DVC discount code or an annual pass holders code. We drive now so I don’t know if these discounts are still available. If you visit the transportation board here in the Disboards, there are a number of monthly car rental discount threads. Maybe prices will start coming down soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter