Car Rental Question

Newfie2000

<font color=green>Doesn't anyone make split pea so
I am hoping one or some of you might be able to help me... we are planning a Feb. 2007 -17 day trip to Orlando including Disney, Universal and Kennedy Space Center. Call me an organization freak but I am already trying to secure all of my arrangements and reservations. When I try to reserve a car rental I am getting quotes in the range of $500.00 - $700.00. :scared: After reading a lot of other threads and posts I can not believe this! :confused3 If I try to reserve the same vehicle from the same company for the same amount of days in May 2006 the rates drops to $200.00-$300.00. What in the world is going on? Am I trying to arrange this too soon? If so when should I start looking into getting a reservation? Any advice any of you can provide on car rentals would be greatly appreciated!

Are you applying a contract ID or a coupon to the ressie? Those may be alright for May but could be expired for 2007.

Is the period in February during President's weekend or what would be considered "Spring Break"? Holiday periods are notoriously higher then regular days.

If there is a certain type of car that you need (minivan, SUV, etc.), then I would reserve now and continue to look for a drop in the rates as time goes on. There's no penalty for making and then cancelling a rental car ressie and you don't have to make a deposit. Hopefully the rates will come down or some codes will become available for 2007 during the summer. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter