Car rental deals - picking up at Dolphin

iujen94

DIS Veteran
(Also posted on the Transportation board). Does anyone have suggestions for getting a good deal on car rentals when picking up at Dolphin? I love Autoslash for car rentals, but I can’t figure out how to “force” it to use the Dolphin as the pickup location - it wants to pick somewhere nearby (like a 20-minute drive away...). And booking directly through the Dolphin car rental website, the rates are $$$$. Thanks!!

(Also posted on the Transportation board). Does anyone have suggestions for getting a good deal on car rentals when picking up at Dolphin? I love Autoslash for car rentals, but I can’t figure out how to “force” it to use the Dolphin as the pickup location - it wants to pick somewhere nearby (like a 20-minute drive away...). And booking directly through the Dolphin car rental website, the rates are $$$$. Thanks!!

In my experience, rates picking up from the Dolphin just are $$$$ more money than another location where there is more competition. No reason for them to discount the 3 or 4 cars they keep on site - people that want to use them pay extra for the convenience. I've only done it when I was traveling for work :o)

There might be a shuttle if you want to go to the place that's 20 mins away.
Have you tried calling the agency at the Dolphin directly? Maybe they know a way to get a better discount.

By "Dolphin car rental website" are you referring to Alamo? They're at the Dolphin and the prices on Alamo are fairly comparable to others. The prices do fluctuate though depending on when you book.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter