car rental credit card holds

MelCald

<font color=green>Saw a bleching contest at a wake
Does anyone know, typically, how much car rental agencies put on hold on the credit card you give them? Hotels too?

I am prepaid with Alamo and have to pay for a Comfort inn and Suites hotel room. I want to make sure I have enough available credit on my card. I don't want to end up at the hotel and not be able to pay because Alamo put a hold on all of my remaining credit. Thanks

Melissa

Does anyone know, typically, how much car rental agencies put on hold on the credit card you give them? Hotels too?

I am prepaid with Alamo and have to pay for a Comfort inn and Suites hotel room. I want to make sure I have enough available credit on my card. I don't want to end up at the hotel and not be able to pay because Alamo put a hold on all of my remaining credit. Thanks

Melissa

http://www.bankrate.com/nltrack/news/cc/20061122_debit_card_car_rental_a2.asp

I would call Alamo and find out. Let us know. I am using Alamo later this month and am curious as well.

I called Alamo and they said that they don't put any holds on a credit card. They only charge what is necessary when you drop off the car. If anyone else want to call and see if they get the same answer..that would be great!
Thanks
Melissa

I called Alamo and they said that they don't put any holds on a credit card. They only charge what is necessary when you drop off the car. If anyone else want to call and see if they get the same answer..that would be great!
Thanks
Melissa

I am renting from Alamo next week and was told the same thing they hold only the amount of the rental and put the charge thru when you return the car

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter