Car Parking

Mojomanny

Mouseketeer
As a new DVC member....I am wondering about parking.

If we take a rental car, I know we get free parking at the parks, but could we park at Contemporary or GF and take the monorail from there or do we have to be herded into the main lots?

We went to the Contemporary for the Chef Mickey buffet and were issued a car pass only good for 3 hours. This happened last Nov. and this past March when we were there. You can park for free in the theme parks, just show your parking pass from your resort.

Enjoy!!

Parking is free at all parks for all WDW resort guests.

The Transportation Board may be a better place to ask your question.

Thanks!

I am not looking for info on just being a resort guest, but specifically on being a DVC guest. Was wondering if we could avoid the TTC and it appears not based on the other posting from rbuzzotta

No, you have to park in the parking lot for the park. Sometimes they don't give the 3 hour passes, but they do it often enough that's it's not really worth taking the risk.

Personally, I never drive my car once I'm onsite (we drive down, so we always have it), but if I were you, I would definitely take the resort transportation on your MK days. The TTC is such a hastle since you have to stand in line for the tram and then for either the ferry or the monorail.

Hi mojomanny!

The replies you have been given are correct. As a DVC member, you are not entitled to any different parking privileges than the other guests. You must either park in the lot at the TTC or take the bus transportation. Of course, if you stay at the WLV, you have the added option of the boat transportation.

Parking at any of the monorail resorts with the express purpose of visiting the Magic Kingdom is not allowed, and the resorts have taken steps to discourage this practice, including questioning whether or not you have a priority seating at one of the restaurants as well as issuing a 3 hour parking pass.

Unfortunately, the only sure way to avoid the TTC is to take the bus transportation.

Congratulations on your new purchase and Welcome Home!

I'm just posting to echo what BethC posted. We have been DVC members since early 1993. You can certainly go visit the monorail resorts, but to park there to go to MK will take up spots that are needed for people who are actually visiting that resort. We always take the buses to MK to avoid the stop at the TTC.

I have seen post that folks use the Valet parking and you can stay all day with out a hassle. Just a couple $$ tip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter