Car Hire Help!

Tony Toon

DIS Veteran
Hello lovely people. Anyone spotted any decent prices for car hire? We arrive on June 29th and will use ME to SSR where we stay until heading down the Gulf Coast on the 9th. Looking to hire a car (nothing fancy - a Nissan Versa would do but nothing smaller) from teatime on the 6th July until mid afternoon on the 27th. Horrific prices being quoted at the moment.

Mrs TT

Prices are high this year :(

I found a half decent price with Hertz the other day but still haven't booked anything for July.

Prices are high this year :(

I found a half decent price with Hertz the other day but still haven't booked anything for July.
Agreed they are nuts.

A Mustang or similar for 14 Days in June was £600ish at one point. I booked at just over £400. Once it gets later the prices seem to start going up again.

On the same trip we are going to LA for 2 nights. Car there (SUV) was £60 for 2 days.

Sometimes these prices make no sense at all!

I have booked my August car hire back in november 2016 .... prices have been crazy before that, and have been even crazier after that.

the only advice I can give is to book ASAP even with a crazy price. Check cancellation terms, and if something better shows up, amend the reservation, or cancel/rebook at a better rate.

but at least, you'll save yourself a stressful wait, only to eventually discover that the price only goes up. And if it goes down, well, it's a bonus.

I'm the same... looking to book over Christmas and new year, prices are double and triple what we pay every other year!

Thanks everyone. For the first time in may years I have booked a car (Toyota Corolla or similar) with Dollar through Argus Car Hire £492.87 and £39.43 cash back which has tracked. I can cancel up to 24hours in advance with no penalty if I spot a better deal. Usually book with Alamo and pick up at Disney Car Care. This time the pick up is at one of the hotels on Hotel Boulevard which should be straightforward enough given that we are staying at SSR. Could have done better if I had booked earlier - lesson learned! Just relieved to have wheels organised!

Mrs TT

This time the pick up is at one of the hotels on Hotel Boulevard
If it's the Dollar desk in the Wyndam opposite Disney Springs be weary. They are a franchise location and tracking down someone at the desk is a pain, then they add extras without you giving authorization. (Just my experience one time!)

If it's the Dollar desk in the Wyndam opposite Disney Springs be weary. They are a franchise location and tracking down someone at the desk is a pain, then they add extras without you giving authorization. (Just my experience one time!)
Thanks for the heads up. We can keep an eye out for this.

Mrs TT

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter