Car Gas Vouchers? Help!

tink2dw

Pixie Dust or Bust!!
Me and my family recently moved to Arizona and we are in need of assistance with gas for our car. We don't really know what services are available in the Mesa area. Our car is on E and we need gas so we can go grocery shopping, dr. appointments, etc. Does anybody know of any Low Income Gas Voucher programs in Mesa, Arizona? :confused3

thanks in advance!

Me and my family recently moved to Arizona and we are in need of assistance with gas for our car. We don't really know what services are available in the Mesa area. Our car is on E and we need gas so we can go grocery shopping, dr. appointments, etc. Does anybody know of any Low Income Gas Voucher programs in Mesa, Arizona? :confused3

thanks in advance!

https://www.azdes.gov/variant.aspx?id=5318

:hug:

Not to sound ignorant, but is there a program that really gives gas vouchers. I have never heard of them, and yes I am too lazy to read through the website, just thought someone might know.

Not to sound ignorant, but is there a program that really gives gas vouchers. I have never heard of them, and yes I am too lazy to read through the website, just thought someone might know.

I have never heard of one in any of the states I have lived in. Also, since the OP is asking for help in Mesa, Az, they are probably out of luck as Mesa has a bus system.

I have never heard of one in any of the states I have lived in. Also, since the OP is asking for help in Mesa, Az, they are probably out of luck as Mesa has a bus system.

Glad to know I am not the only one who hasn't heard of them. Quoted poster makes a good point though, are you on the bus line?

Any gas assistance with which I'm familiar has always been fuel, as would be needed in heating one's home. I wonder if the OP is confusing the two types of gas? At any rate, I did skim that site, and don't see anything that would provide assistance for vehicle gasoline. I think the suggestion to contact local churches is a good one.

find out if your community has a a "community ministerial group" Ours is a group of local churches that work together to help people in the community instead of individually. This year the Ministerial Association is hosting Thanksgiving Dinner for at least 1,000 people. this is huge since our community is only about 5,000 people.

me neither:confused3 but the site list names and numbers to see if they qualified for the TAFN and that gives cash assistance for needy families.

Some states do vouchers. I took SIL to the department of health services (who handles food assistance, medical, welfare $ here) for an appointment once and overheard someone asking for a gas voucher. It wasn't for much, ~$20, but they do, do them. I would contact who ever does the cash/food assistance in your state and see. It might require you going to the local office to get one though.

I did mean gasoline for our car, in the way of vouchers. We do live right along the light rail/train... but the problem is we don't have the money for the fare to ride. When we lived in Oregon, we recieved gas vouchers once when my husband and daughter were required to go thru a job search program for food stamps (one of the requirements in Oregon was that they had to see that those in the family who could work, were looking for work, filling out applications). They were given gas vouchers so they could fill the tank so they could travel to look for work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter