Captain's Grill - buffet vs a la carte

sigepmike

Mouseketeer
I have seen some references to this, but wanted to get some info...does CG allow you to order an item from the menu if you are getting the buffet? I've never seen this, but my wife loved the chocolate waffles there (much more like a brownie than a waffle). We might like to get the buffet, but she would pass on the buffet for the waffles. If she could get both, it would be the best of both worlds. I would have never thought that this was an option.

I would think that you could pay the full buffet price and in addition order the waffles and pay the full a la carte price for them as well.

Thanks...that's what I would have thought. But, I have seen other threads on here that said otherwise, so I was curious.

We weren't sure about the buffet (because haven't hear too much about it) but decided to give it a try this past Fall because we were staying at the BW. It was fantastic. i loved it, the food was great unlike the character meals and it was so calm. I think she won't miss the waffles with all the choices.

I always order an omelet. And the rest of the family get the buffet. I have never been told I could eat at the buffet also. I have seen others say they did. But we have eaten here many times and it hasn't happened to us. I might have someone bring me a chocolate croissant every now and then. But I always feel guilty about it. Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!