Captain's Choice Cigar Package

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhieber

Earning My Ears
Can anyone provide details on this? how were the cigars and what all was included?pirate:pirate:

I will look in my literature and see what I can find. But, as a Canadian, this was not of great interest, as we can get Cuban cigars legally in Canada.

Cigars smell so bad they do not belong on the ship. To bad DCL stoops to such low means to make a buck.

I completely agree. I do not personally smoke cigars, however I do not find the smell offensive like a cigarette. I agree that too many people try to put their own opinions where opinions are not asked for. The question was asking for facts not opinions. Hope you find your answer.

I've never heard of this package. My hubby would flip if I could get that for him on our first Cruise. Wow I hope someone has info on it, Very interested here.

I looked at the package on the cruise line web page and decided that for the price I'd just pack my own selection. :santa:

Cigars smell so bad they do not belong on the ship. To bad DCL stoops to such low means to make a buck.

Merry Christmas :wizard: Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Day! :love:

There are spots on the ship where anyone can enjoy their cigars and anything else :thumbsup2

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! :debswalk:

I feel the same way about kids onboard. (Only kidding... partly)

There are many place you can go to enjoy your vacation and let someone else enjoy theirs.

OP--sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

I've just reviewed all the printed material we got on our recent cruise, and I can't find any prices for the cigar package. Here is all the info. I did find, from one of the Personal Navigators:

Captain's Choice Travel Humidor Collection
The Captain's Choice series features legendary cigar brands, presented in a selection of high-quality, Spanish cedar lined leather travel humidors. Offered in three, six or nine cigar travel humidors. Available in Up Beat, Deck 3, Forward.

I do remember seeing one of the selections for sale in Cove Cafe as well.

It is 39.95. Just purchased one for my DH for our Feb cruise. You can find it under all the gifts mixed in with the alcohol packages. Got one of those too:banana:

From the DCL "Gifts and Amenities" I will be getting this for myself for our Feb b2b cruise.

Captain's Choice Cigar Package
Item BEV CIGAR PKG, $39.98

Unwind with the Captain's Choice cigar package, which includes 1 Cohiba cigar, 1 Macunudo cigar and 1 Partagas cigar. Present the gift message card at Cove Cafe & etilde; for redemption.

I smoke cigars on every cruise, and have never had a complaint or a problem. I smoke away from everyone, and ask my neighbors on the verandahs if it bothers them.

I am allergic to certain perfumes and colognes, but I tolerate it because its my problem. I would never ask a person not to stand by me because of what they have on.

I believe you posted that just to get negative responses and have the thread closed, the OP was just asking a question.

To the OP, the cigars offered are mild cigars, you can do better at your local B&M.

Happy New Year.

Always has to be one.

Happy New Year.
I don't necessary agree with the part about DCL stooping low. That said, I don't really think smoking belongs anywhere. In this day and age, I can't believe that anyone isn't intelligent enough to realize that taking an object, lighting it on fire and then drawing the smoke from said burning object into ones mouth or lungs isn't an amazingly stupid thing to do.

dursin,
just curious, do you ever eat too much or the wrong foods. You too are damaging your body and I do not see people telling you what you can and can't put down your mouth. I think it rude for others to make others feel bad for their legal choices. Last I checked smoking cigars causes less damage to ones body than food.

dursin,
just curious, do you ever eat too much or the wrong foods. You too are damaging your body and I do not see people telling you what you can and can't put down your mouth. I think it rude for others to make others feel bad for their legal choices. Last I checked smoking cigars causes less damage to ones body than food.
Yes, everyone eats the wrong foods sometimes...or eats too much, especially around the holidays. Can't really equate that with sucking the smoke from a burning object into ones lungs...unless of course you're talking about the people who overeat to the point that the need to use an ECV to get around for no other reason than they managed to gain so much weight that they can no longer walk.

Smoking is right up there with not wearing seat belts in a car or a helmet when on a motorcycle. In this day, I personally don't believe that a smart person would do any of those things.

Yes, everyone eats the wrong foods sometimes...or eats too much, especially around the holidays. Can't really equate that with sucking the smoke from a burning object into ones lungs...unless of course you're talking about the people who overeat to the point that the need to use an ECV to get around for no other reason than they managed to gain so much weight that they can no longer walk.

Smoking is right up there with not wearing seat belts in a car or a helmet when on a motorcycle. In this day, I personally don't believe that a smart person would do any of those things.

In your post you have your point wrong. When smoking a cigar, you do not inhale, therefore the smoke does not enter your lungs on the inhale.
If you smoke in a well ventilated area, the second hand smoke is also at a minimum.

I have my check ups regularly, and my Dr. has told me if I did not smoke, I would be in far worse shape. When you smoke a cigar, you have to take about an hour and do nothing but relax, this has brought my stress level way down, and my Dr. also said, this will reduce my chance of a heart attack.

I consider myself an intelligent person, I do not like to wear a helmet when I ride, and I hate wearing seat belts, I believe you should not be told what you can or can not do while operating your own vehicle, but I do because its the law. When there is a sighnthat says no smoking, I do not light up. Until DCL has a no smoking policy, I will continue to enjoy my cigars while onboard. Cigars for me are a relaxing part of my day, I dont need to smoke, and I dont crave them. Its for my enjoyment and a great ending to a day.

Wow, Like the last poster stated one does not inhale when smoking a cigar. The damage you are doing by overeating is more severe and one does not have to be obese to suffer from the results of their food choices. Food choices have been the cause of heart attacks, diabetes, and cancer. Maybe one should research facts before putting statements out that are opinions without any fact.

So you are absolutely correct, you can't equate them as the same since the food is doing more damage. I am assuming those that are so judgmental are only eating fresh organic grown food. No, how can you be so careless to allow those pesticides be put down your children's mouths.

Hmmm, maybe you shouldn't enjoy that occasional legal alcohol beverage because how could you possibly allow your liver to process it.

So as long as Disney has a smoking policy, I will continue to buy my DH he enjoys while on vacation each year.

The cigars Disney offers are mild but are nice to smoke. Individually, you can find a better deal. However, packaged as part of a travel humidor with the DCL logo on it, they make a very nice memento for the trip for a reasonable price. I definitely recommend them. They can be purchased online prior to the trip and a gift card is left in your state room to pick them up while on the ship.

Thans for the info, i was aware on how to get one,my wife cot me this for Christmas as a stocking stuffer, I was interested in the cigars themselves and the travel humidor:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter