Captain Cooks?

makinorlando

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting
I think I remember reading in the past few months that Captain Cooks at the Poly was closed for renovations? Has this reopened? DD and I are going on a mini-one night get away to the Poly Thursday night and I thought we might grab some lunch there as we hope to hang out by the pool before heading into the park for MNSSHP in the afternoon!

makinorlando said:
I think I remember reading in the past few months that Captain Cooks at the Poly was closed for renovations? Has this reopened? DD and I are going on a mini-one night get away to the Poly Thursday night and I thought we might grab some lunch there as we hope to hang out by the pool before heading into the park for MNSSHP in the afternoon!

Captain Cooks is operating out of the Tangaroa Terrace building until the renovation is completed. :)

Thanks!

BTW vonpluto- I spent many summer weekends in OCNJ before moving to FL three years ago - my Aunt owns a house on Park Place!!!

The menu at the temporary location is limited but I have read that many enjoy it. We had some apple struesel on afternoon and it was really good. They have outdoor as well as indoor seating. It is an acceptable alternative during the renovation but isn't as good as the newly renovated one will be, I'm sure.

Any word on when the renovations will be done and the new Captain Cook's opened?

I haven't heard but I think it has changed a couple times. You might check Tikiman's site ... he usually has the latest. Or you can do a search on the boards in this forum ... I'm sure you will find it there.

We just returned from a three night stay (9/29-10/2). I do agree that the menu at CC's is small, but the food is still good. We did not get any breakfast there but we had lunch there three times! (I know a little boring, but it was close by, quick and pretty good). I personally had the pulled pork sandwich which was good and the chicken ceasar salad which I thought was excellent. My friend had the turkey sandwhich on multigrain and she thought it was very good. Our daughters (ages 5 & 7)had the kids meal grilled cheese with double grapes :) . (you could pick two sides from the followin: grapes, carrot sticks and applesauce)

It was nice to be able to take our tray of food over to the quiet pool, feed our kids then sit and take our time eating our lunch while we watched them swim. I can't wait to see what CC will be like when it is back it its old location and more of a selection!A

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter