Capt Jack's at DTD - Finally...

makinorlando

When you're curious, you find lots of interesting
I have wanted to eat in the restaurant for 3 years since I moved here, but due to the fact that most of my trips to DTD are spur of the moment, I have never had ADRs. This afternoon DD and I take a trip over to DTD to do a little shopping. It started to rain soon after we arrived. When we left WOD, I decided to head to CJs - of course DD wanted ot eat at RFC, but we were just there not long ago - and see if they had anything available. It was just early enough, and I guess a relatively quiet time due to the rain, so we were seated immediately. Our server was very prompt in coming to our table and bringing our beverages.

The children's menu is rather limited there - Mac & Cheese, Hot Dog, Chicken Sandwich and not sure if there was something else. She had Mac & Cheese at LTT on Wednesay & for lunch today, so I guess she was M&C'd out... so I ordered an order of plain liguini with butter and Parm cheese.

I was in the mood for lobster tail, but wasn't going to spend $32 for the twin lobster tail entree. Server said I could add one tail for $12.99 to DDs pasta, and then I was going to order and appetizer as my entree - enough food for sure. I then just went ahead and took the plunge and got the Twin Lobster Tail entree and I was glad I did - the lobster was delicious - I had not had lobster in some time and it really hit the spot! DD's plaste of pasta was huge.... and expensive $9.99, but it made her happy and we brought the leftovers home.

As we were wrapping up dinner (no DDE discount - as it was Labor Day, but that's okay, as I wasn't really thinking at all about a discount when I ordered)

Here's my dinner.... her pasta was boring so I didn't take a picture of it!

CaptJackLobster.jpg

CaptJack.jpg

I'm really looking forward to going back in a few weeks. We ate there last Sept and really enjoyed everything.

The crab cakes appitizer was really good as were the twin lobster tails. :love:

Beckysc said:
I'm really looking forward to going back in a few weeks. We ate there last Sept and really enjoyed everything.

The crab cakes appitizer was really good as were the twin lobster tails. :love:

Crab Cakes were my other choice - I was going to have them as a main dish along with a lobster tail that I could have added to my DD's $10 bowl of plain pasta for just $12!! LOL.... then I could not remember at which restaurant I had read bad reviews about the Crab Cakes - but I think that was Coral Reef!

Last year, I had the crab cakes at Olivias and they were good...until I had the one's at Capt Jacks. :)

We go to CJ every year and it never disappoints. I am looking forward to twin lobster tails on the dining plan! And my mom and I are leaving the children with my nanny so we can eat in peace (and with two hands!!!!)

15 days to Disney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you for the great photo! We are going in Feb. and I am definately going to order the Twin Tails!!!! :thumbsup2

Can you make ADR at Capt Jack's? I read that you couldn't in Unofficial Guide but its a 2005 edition so I don't know if things have changed since then.

pirate: Gem pirate:

Thanks for the review and pictures. That lobster looks great! ::yes::

deany said:
Are the twin lobsters included with the free DDP? If they are, then I will be in heaven!! :love: :love: :love:

I personally can't answer that, as I am local and not on the DDP. Couldn't even use my DDE (20% off card) because it was Labor Day!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter