Capital One Venture One Purchase Eraser for Food Purchases?

jamieann

Mouseketeer
I have a very specific question. My husband and I are headed to WDW next week and want to use our Capital One rewards on our food purchases for the week. I checked with Capital One to see if these would count as travel purchases and they said it has to do with the merchant category code, but that generally purchases from hotels count. So my question is, has anyone had luck with charging all purchases to their room, paying for the room charges with their Capital One Venture One, then erasing that purchase? I'm thinking even though the purchases are being made at restaurants, it would show up as a hotel charge, right?

Thanks in advance for any help with this super specific question! Ha!

I have the Venture card and just got back from WDW this month. I charged everything to the room, it doesn't list the specific restaurant the charge is posted as "Disney Resort Hotels" in the lodging category as the one lump sum (or multiple charges if you charge to room a lot and hit your threshold on what they allow before charging the card). I took my points just now and tried to redeem to cover that charge and it would let me. It brought up everything with the airplane logo for the category (so lodging category is included) that I could purchase erase.

I have the Venture card and just got back from WDW this month. I charged everything to the room, it doesn't list the specific restaurant the charge is posted as "Disney Resort Hotels" in the lodging category as the one lump sum (or multiple charges if you charge to room a lot and hit your threshold on what they allow before charging the card). I took my points just now and tried to redeem to cover that charge and it would let me. It brought up everything with the airplane logo for the category (so lodging category is included) that I could purchase erase.

PERFECT! Thank you for the confirmation! I'm going to check after day 1 just to make sure it's showing up correctly, but that puts my mind at ease =)

PERFECT! Thank you for the confirmation! I'm going to check after day 1 just to make sure it's showing up correctly, but that puts my mind at ease =)

I think you may have to go down to the front desk and ask them to run your charges through after the first night. I know they just do when you hit a certain threshold on your room bill so sometimes they wouldn't until the end of the trip. LOL unless you go crazy on the first day with spending. Another thing is that for my card anyways, it showed up in "pending transactions" for a couple days and when it's in that area it doesn't assign a category (i just went out and looked at my pending to verify) so you can't do anything until it hits as an actual charge.

Another option, depending if you have any other travel expenses out there, go in and erase those now so you know whatever you erased could offset any WDW charges on your balance.

Yes, I do this every time I'm there, as recently as a couple of weeks ago. Anything charged to the room is coded as "lodging" and can be erased at the full redemption rate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter