Cape May cafe or chef art smith homecoming on arrival day

desl10

Mouseketeer
I was just able to snag a Last minute ADR for our arrival day Saturday for both Cape May Cafe and Homecoming. Cape May is at 830pm (a better time) and Homecoming is at 1030pm. However, it’s our arrival day after driving and the next day Sunday we plan to sleep in and hit up Disney Springs. So no park day. Obviously time plays into it some but if you had to choose just between the two restaurants which one would you pick as the stand out?
(We haven’t been to either) Traveling with our 4 kids ages 9 and under. We also have the dinning plan and park days start Monday.

A 7:10 pm for cape may just opened up. I Guess I will wait another day and see about Homecoming. I have until this Friday to cancel.

Last edited:
I was just able to snag a Last minute ADR for our arrival day Saturday for both Cape May Cafe and Homecoming. Cape May is at 830pm (a better time) and Homecoming is at 1030pm. However, it’s our arrival day after driving and the next day Sunday we plan to sleep in and hit up Disney Springs. So no park day. Obviously time plays into it some but if you had to choose just between the two restaurants which one would you pick as the stand out?
(We haven’t been to either) Traveling with our 4 kids ages 9 and under.
Travel day is full of uncontrollable delays and is very tiring. I never make an ADR closer than 5 hours after scheduled arrival time. But with children 9 and under 10:30 at Disney Springs would be way too late for us. Cape May is not easy to get to unless you are staying in the Epcot Resort area and it is expensive if you miss your ADR.
Personally I would checkin, settle in my Resort and explore the resort. I would just plan on a QS at the resort and head to bed early.
Good Luck.

Reactions: Kae
We do not check into our actual resort until Sunday. On our arrival day of Saturday we booked just a one night stay at a Disney springs area resort hotel. Great points you made. Any input on the food quantity or which restaurant you would prefer? I appreciate your feedback. We are doing an early night on Sunday bc we start our park days Monday.
@Hopefully

I would look to see if there's anything on opentable for your arrival night in Disney Springs as far as sit down service is concerned.

I'm not sure how long you'll have spent in the car or what time you'd be arriving, but personally after anything longer than 4 hours in a car, I'd just want something quick and easy, like wolfgang puck express or something like that.

I would look to see if there's anything on opentable for your arrival night in Disney Springs as far as sit down service is concerned.

I'm not sure how long you'll have spent in the car or what time you'd be arriving, but personally after anything longer than 4 hours in a car, I'd just want something quick and easy, like wolfgang puck express or something like that.
Have you eaten at either restaurant? Is one a standout over the other?

AT DS, I've eaten at House of Blues, Raglan Road, Wolfgang Puck Express a couple times and Jock Lindsay's Hangar Bar.

Of those the one I'd be most likely to eat at when I'm tired from travel would be Wolfgang Puck Express. It's quick service, but there are tables (if I remember). We didn't spend a lot of time at Disney Springs this trip, so we didn't end up there....but I feel like I've been there almost every trip.

I admittedly haven't done Cape May as buffets generally do not appeal to me but Homecoming is one of our favorite restaurants on property. Southern food is something we don't get very often so IMO the chance to indulge in fried chicken, mac n cheese, collards, hush puppies, etc should not be missed. That said 1030 does seem awful late. I'd try to get an earlier reservation there if you can. ARDs usually open up much closer to the day of.

I'd go to Homecoming over Cape May.

Neither of these are last minute, by the way.

My suggestion would be to figure out where you'd be at a time you'll want a meal, and go from there. If youre gonna be near ep area or bw or around there, and mealtime at 8:30 is good, then Cape May is fine. If 10:30pm at ds sounds like a great place and time for your fam, then do homecomin. I'd bet that there will be plenty of other places and times available the day before or day of. If not, and neither of the 2 you have seem great or convenient, don't go. Just get qs somewhere.

Both restaurants are really good, you can't go wrong with either. Cape May is a favorite of mine and is always on our dining schedule each year. The buffet typically has several seafood options (this year it was muscles and snow crab legs) as well as other entrees like salmon, prime rib, or bbq spare ribs. There's also a dessert buffet which is worth 2 or 3 trips!

Homecomin' is also delicious and definitely more of a southern comfort food style. I was there last year and got the fried chicken which was amazing! I'd say book whichever fits your schedule (especially if traveling with kids) and you'll be happy with either one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter