Cape may cafe in August?

O-so-good Disney Mama

Mouseketeer
I'm looking for a breakfast reservation second week in August but nothing has been available - does anyone know if it'll be closed during that time? Seems strange as there are ADR times for dinner...

Hmmmm, strange. Do you mind me asking, were they breakfast reservations? I'm seeing lots of dinner availability and zero breakfast availability for the full 10 days of my trip.
Oops my bad - I didn't realize you were asking about breakfast. Ours are dinner reservations.
I hope they don't close Cape May Café this summer!

Oops my bad - I didn't realize you were asking about breakfast. Ours are dinner reservations.
I hope they don't close Cape May Café this summer!

No worries. It's not sounding so good for character breakfasts so far! Hopefully they'll release more dates later and it's not ending this summer...

No worries. It's not sounding so good for character breakfasts so far! Hopefully they'll release more dates later and it's not ending this summer...
I hope it's not ending either... but just in case I would probably book Ohana, 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's to have something if you are looking for a character breakfast outside the parks.
Cape May Café is our fav though, so really really hoping it's a glitch.
Have you tried calling Disney dining reservations?

Oops, sorry, I had posted about the wrong restaurant! :duck:

I have an ADR for breakfast on 8th Aug which I made on 180 days. I'll be disappointed if its not going to happen, it's a lovely chilled out breakfast.

I've noticed a few glitchy things with the online system lately, so I might try giving them a call. We have a back-up booked already, but that would be our first choice if we can get it.

I called this morning and he didn't seem to have any information about it being cancelled, but he said that it seems they haven't released all of their tables to the reservation system yet and to check back, because his system showed that a very small number of reservations had been made, but that there were no tables available, and he knew that obviously there are more than 4 tables available to be booked at one time and that Cape May doesn't typically sell out nearly that fast. He said the restaurants don't tell them when they'll be releasing all their tables, they just do it, and he expected it would be soon since those dates are nearing or already within the 180-day window. So I guess I'll keep our back-up for now but keep checking back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter