Cape may cafe in August?

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by O-so-good Disney Mama, Feb 16, 2017.

1. O-so-good Disney Mama

O-so-good Disney Mama Mouseketeer

I'm looking for a breakfast reservation second week in August but nothing has been available - does anyone know if it'll be closed during that time? Seems strange as there are ADR times for dinner...

2. TISHLOVESDISNEY

TISHLOVESDISNEY DIS Veteran

I just noticed the same with my week in mid July. Wonder if they are changing it.

3. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily Mouseketeer

I had the same problem for August and was wondering the same thing...

4. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  5. HappilyEverAfter80

HappilyEverAfter80 DIS Veteran

We were able to make Cape May Café reservations for mid-August. (14th)

6. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily Mouseketeer

Hmmmm, strange. Do you mind me asking, were they breakfast reservations? I'm seeing lots of dinner availability and zero breakfast availability for the full 10 days of my trip.

7. HappilyEverAfter80

Oops my bad - I didn't realize you were asking about breakfast. Ours are dinner reservations.
    I hope they don't close Cape May Café this summer!

8. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily Mouseketeer

No worries. It's not sounding so good for character breakfasts so far! Hopefully they'll release more dates later and it's not ending this summer...

9. HappilyEverAfter80

I hope it's not ending either... but just in case I would probably book Ohana, 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's to have something if you are looking for a character breakfast outside the parks.
    Cape May Café is our fav though, so really really hoping it's a glitch.
    Have you tried calling Disney dining reservations?

10. minoh

minoh MinnieNewbie

Oops, sorry, I had posted about the wrong restaurant! :duck:

11. bszoo

bszoo Mouseketeer

Made a breakfast reservation for August 23 on Wed

12. Elizakapeka

Elizakapeka Mouseketeer

I have cape may breakfast for june 14th, so it doesnt sound like they are cancelling it.

13. MrsIncredible1974

MrsIncredible1974 Mouseketeer

I have an ADR for breakfast on 8th Aug which I made on 180 days. I'll be disappointed if its not going to happen, it's a lovely chilled out breakfast.

14. Cinderella94

Cinderella94 I miss my tags!

We have an ADR for breakfast on Sunday, July 9. Have you tried calling? It may be a glitch.

15. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily Mouseketeer

I've noticed a few glitchy things with the online system lately, so I might try giving them a call. We have a back-up booked already, but that would be our first choice if we can get it.

16. MeghanEmily

MeghanEmily Mouseketeer

I called this morning and he didn't seem to have any information about it being cancelled, but he said that it seems they haven't released all of their tables to the reservation system yet and to check back, because his system showed that a very small number of reservations had been made, but that there were no tables available, and he knew that obviously there are more than 4 tables available to be booked at one time and that Cape May doesn't typically sell out nearly that fast. He said the restaurants don't tell them when they'll be releasing all their tables, they just do it, and he expected it would be soon since those dates are nearing or already within the 180-day window. So I guess I'll keep our back-up for now but keep checking back.

Cinderella94 likes this.
  17. O-so-good Disney Mama

O-so-good Disney Mama Mouseketeer

Thanks everyone. We've been trying all week to get a breakfast ADR and nothing as our 180 day window has opened :(.