Cape May before Rope Drop?

Daisy21015

Mouseketeer
We are thinking of doing the Cape May Breakfast early one morning before hitting either Epcot or Disney Studios for Rope Drop.

Which would you recommend? I know Epcot is an easy walk but coming in though International Gateway makes us pretty far from Soarin. I don' know how quick the boat ride would be to Disney Studios and then how far we'd have to walk to the entrance.

Also, anyone who's done the breakfast - what did you think of it??

Looks good!! After first seating, which place would be faster/easier to get to for Rope Drop - Epcot (but we want to get to Soarin) or Disney Studios (TSM)???

Is there a difference?

Thanks all

We usually go to Epcot and if you are at the rear entrance for rope drop they sometimes drop the rope 10 minutes earlier than the front so people can get to Soarin. The only time I can make it to Soarin towards the front of the line is through the main entrance to Epcot.

We are thinking of doing the Cape May Breakfast early one morning before hitting either Epcot or Disney Studios for Rope Drop.

Which would you recommend? I know Epcot is an easy walk but coming in though International Gateway makes us pretty far from Soarin. I don' know how quick the boat ride would be to Disney Studios and then how far we'd have to walk to the entrance.

Also, anyone who's done the breakfast - what did you think of it??

First of all - the breakfast was fantastic - we did this on our first morning in August - we had timed it for 7.40am so we could get to International Gateway for rope drop (which worked a treat) - got a taxi from CSR. The service was great and even though it was a prime time for breakfast was very relaxed - not too busy at all and the characters spent quite a bit of time at your table. We are repeating the experience this May - it would be rude not to especially as we are lucky enough to be staying at BCV.

We did not think it was so far to Soarin actually - you arrive in WS at the UK and then pass Canada and then take the path around the pavilion that holds Honey I shrunk the Audience and then you are at the Land pavilion - didn't seem further than if you had arrived at the front entrance. There were far less people waiting at International Gateway than at the front entrance - I actually think we got to Soarin even more quickly - we'll certainly be doing the same again in May

The front entrance guests get let in as far as the fountain area. The IG guests did not get any further in than the top of the hill, about 70 yards inside the IG. This was during our trip last month. No way we could beat them to Soarin.

From Cape May to IG is about (depending on walking speed) a 6-7 minute walk. Walking to DHS will be closer to 17-18 minutes. The boat from YC/BC to DHS will take at least 14-15 minutes, plus the wait time for the boat to even get to your dock.

Our 7:45 breakfast ADR was perfect for getting out and then to the IG at EPCOT in time for the 9:00 a.m. opening.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter